Windows 10: Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in

Discus and support Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I know there are some older threads on this same subject, but I found none of them to help me or maybe I just missed a specific comment. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Zephon80, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Zephon80 Win User

Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in

I know there are some older threads on this same subject, but I found none of them to help me or maybe I just missed a specific comment.

The controller itself works fine and the issue can be reproduced on multiple controllers, I've also tried different usb Bluetooth devices with similar results.

The problem is that after being charged and plugged into the PC with an official wired charging cable the controller just will not sync until the PC is restarted. Going into settings and removing the device and resyncing does not fix the problem, even after resyncing the controller will just keep it's light blinking as if it's still searching to be paired up. Upon a system restart the controller will sync and work normally.

Windows 10 is fully up to date, however this problem itself didn't crop up until I performed a "fresh start" recently, which was unnecessary, one of my drives was just on it's way out.

Coupled with this issue, Windows also started turning these devices off at random, which I took care of in the Device Manager. However, Every time I need to restart to resync the controller I have to go back into the device manager to set it so the system does not keep turning off the controller while I'm using it.

The controller can and will work fine through a full charge until the moment it's plugged back in.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Zephon80, Aug 23, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC currently?
    3. Is your wireless controller using Bluetooth to connect?

I understand that the Xbox controller is slowing your PC, this issue might be caused due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1: Improve PC performance. Refer the follow link for

tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Note: When you reset your PC, you can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or remove.
    I suggest you to take a backup of your personal data before performing ‘Reset’ to stay on a safer side.

Method 2: Update Xbox one controller on Windows 10. Refer the following article to

update Xbox one controller

Reply back with the information for further information.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in

1. Windows 10 PC Xbox one s controller not syncing after being plugged in - Similar Threads - Xbox controller syncing

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  6. Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one s controller not connecting to pc when plugged in: just recently built a pc and it doesnt have bluetooth compatibilites. when i plug a micro usb into my controller and into my pc my controller just blinks and doesnt do anything...
  7. Xbox One S Controller bluetooth unpairs from PC after plugging into PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One S Controller bluetooth unpairs from PC after plugging into PC: I like to use the controller wirelessly a lot and charge it from my PC for convenience, however each time I plug it into charge it unpairs from bluetooth on my PC, so I have to remove device and pair it again. Is there any permanent fix for this? submitted by /u/H3LiiiX...
  8. Windows 10 PC not coupling on Bluetooth with Xbox One S controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC not coupling on Bluetooth with Xbox One S controller: Hello, Since quite a while ago, my controller stopped connecting to my PC. At the time I tried re-coupling it, but it didn't work, and it still doesn't work to this day, each time the coupling fails. The controller is Bluetooth compatible since I used it like that before it...
  9. Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting via Bluetooth after being plugged in with USB: I have a Xbox One Wireless Controller without the PC adapter so I use Bluetooth to connect directly to my PC. After charging the controller through one of my PC's USB ports while the PC is on, once the USB to the controller is disconnected it can no longer connect via...
  10. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in: Hi people, So recently I've noticed a huge bug when it comes to the Xbox One controller. When i plug in the controller to my Windows 10 PC, I notice everything slowing down a little bit. The system becomes noticeably laggy. To further prove that this is the controller,...