Windows 10: Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

Discus and support Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Gregory Davis2, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So now we are finding PCs that have rebooted yet no longer auto-logging in the default user. We noticed this in late February 2024, but unsure when the issue started as we are unaware when any change might have occurred, and possibly only noticed it now. We are very aware of all the standard ways to enable auto-login,

:)

Gregory Davis2, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 22, 2024
  3. Windows 10 2004, suddenly login screen can only see "Other user" account on it?!

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you’re facing issues when logging into the PC, as the only user account shown is Other User. I will certainly try my best to assist you with the issue.

I would like to know if you’re aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to boot the PC in to safe mode and check if you are able to login. Refer the section From the sign-in screen in the article Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to login to the PC in safe mode, try enabling the default administrator and then login to the PC. Follow the steps mentioned below to enable default administrator.

1. Press Windows + S key together to open Search.
    2. Now type CMD and select Run as administrator.
    3. Accept the UAC prompts.
    4. Type in the following commands one by one and hit Enter: net user administrator /active:yes

Once the command is successful, try logging into the built-in administrator and see if you’re able to login normally.

If you’re able to login normally then try creating a new user account. Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Note: After finishing the troubleshooting steps disable the built-in administrator using the command: net user administrator /active:no

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Feb 22, 2024
  4. thomaseg1 Win User

Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after... 302776d1603255957t-20h2-netplwiz-no-longer-has-auto-login-image.png

Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after... 302777d1603256033t-20h2-netplwiz-no-longer-has-auto-login-image.png

thomaseg1, Feb 22, 2024
Thema:

Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

1. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after... - Similar Threads - PCs suddenly auto

2. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  3. Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PCs suddenly will not auto-login a default user any longer in 2024, after...: Hello, we have many Windows 10 PCs that run in remote locations since 2019. These PCs auto-logon/login a user automatically at bootup. Suddenly in 2024, these PCs will not auto-login any longer. The PCs rarely reboot but do occasionally when Windows Update reboots the PC. So...
  4. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  5. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup, so you don't have to manually go to regedit and do the changes.For those who...
  6. [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SOLUTION] Disable Auto-Login of Last User in Windows 10: For those having the same problem as this post, I have created a simple batch script to automatically edit the registry and its permissions to bring back the ability to choose a user upon startup.For those who want to try, feedback would be great for me to see if my solution...
  7. 20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    20H2 Netplwiz no longer has auto login: Just updated to 20H2 on a new build and when I ran Netplwiz there is no option for auto login. There is no option to turn on/off Hello anymore either. Any idea if we will still be able to auto login anymore? 166791
  8. Auto login then switch user

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Auto login then switch user: Hello, I use wake on lan to boot my pc to access and use it remotely. On Windows 7 I remember being able to auto log on with the set password to my account and then have it switch users right away so it was still password protected but my remote connecting software would...
  9. PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro: I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were: Update for Windows...
  10. PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs no longer visible on Network after auto Windows Updates 10 Pro: I have 8 computers on a Network running MS Windows 10 Pro and all of them access a shared folder on a server computer. Now, 2 of the computers are no longer visible on the network after MS updated the computers during the night. The Windows Updates were: Update For Windows...