Windows 10: Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

Discus and support Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when I move the cursor to the show desktop button, the peek at the desktop effect glitches, it doesn't happen when one of the windows that are open is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SamuelGonzalez89, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

when I move the cursor to the show desktop button, the peek at the desktop effect glitches, it doesn't happen when one of the windows that are open is close enough to the upper left corner, when it is not, the windows that are open move to the side upper left corner and then they become transparent, when I remove the cursor from the button the windows return to the place where they were and stop being transparent, the last windows 10 version without this issue was the 1709, i'm sure is a windows issue and is not my computer only, my mom's laptop, all my school pcs that all of them have the lat

:)

SamuelGonzalez89, Jan 4, 2022

2. Buggy taskbar Windows 10/ twitchy show desktop/ peek button.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s turn off the Peek option and check. Follow the below step.

• Right click on the Windows task bar and click on Properties.

• Uncheck the option Use Peek to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Sow desktop button at the end of the taskbar.

• Now click on Apply and click on
      OK.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 4, 2022
  3. ZHawk Win User
    ZHawk, Jan 4, 2022
  4. ZHawk Win User

Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

Win10 aero peek graphic issue (2nd)

Hello Greg,

Aero Peek itself is not greyout out. I can disable it and enable it and the feature itself is working. I only get "graphic" issues. But these issues depend on window position. If I have at leaast one window/application that is touching the left border of
    the screen then there is no issue at all.

Just for testing I have disabled AeroPeek. So now moving the mouse to the bottom right corner has no effect. Also hovering the mouse over the taskbar items of opened windows (eg: explorer) and then placing the mouse over the new popup thumbnail there is
    no graphical issue. Enabling "AeroPeek" again will result in the issues described.

I have this issue on four systems. My PC, my Laptop, my virtual machine and a friends laptop. All of them having different graphic cards.

I did a step by step issue check on my freinds laptop:

- Clean install of Win10 1809 no drivers or apps yet

->> Issue exists

- Installed drivers and after each driver tested if the issue disappears. It did not.

Virtual Machine:

1) Installed clean Win10 1809 german: Issues exists

2) Installed clean Win10 1809 US version: Issues exists

3) Installed clean Win10 1803 german: Issue exists

4) Installed clean Win10 1709 german: No issues!

5) Upgraded (yesterday) from Win10 1809 german to Win10 1903 german: Issue exists

ZHawk, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

1. Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue - Similar Threads - peek desktop graphic

2. Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue: when I move the cursor to the show desktop button, the peek at the desktop effect glitches, it doesn't happen when one of the windows that are open is close enough to the upper left corner, when it is not, the windows that are open move to the side upper left corner and then...
  3. Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 peek at desktop graphic issue: when I move the cursor to the show desktop button, the peek at the desktop effect glitches, it doesn't happen when one of the windows that are open is close enough to the upper left corner, when it is not, the windows that are open move to the side upper left corner and then...
  4. Peek At Desktop messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peek At Desktop messed up: HI all,Another problem out of the box Of course, its windows! in my newly purchased dell XPS17 which runs on windows 10 pro, 11 gen i7, 32Gb ram, nVidia Geforce 3060.... $3400 in total!The peek onto desktop functionality, accessed through the peek button on the far right end...
  5. Peek at desktop functionality

Peek at desktop functionality: I can't use peek at desktop unless I'm using a maximized window. I used to be able to peek at the desktop with multiple windows open, but this is no longer the case. The button doesn't even show up when I have side to side windows. Is there a way to bring back the old...
  6. Win10 aero peek graphic issue (2nd)

Win10 aero peek graphic issue (2nd): Tested with Win 10 1903. Same issues as my old post which was closed for unknown reasons. 1709 was the last version without this bug. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-aero-peek-graphic-issue-2nd/c86c4b5a-e4f5-4250-8cfb-aaa82fdfc9f2
  7. Win10 Aero Peek graphic issue

Win10 Aero Peek graphic issue: Since I updated to the latest Windows 10 version (1803) I have issues with aero peek. It has some sort of graphic errors. See the screenshots that illustrates the issue. Games and other applications are working fine without any graphical issues. Drivers are up to date....
  8. Peek to preview the desktop

Peek to preview the desktop: Have this checked to put at end of taskbar,but it is very small to use.Is there a way to make larger?. In windows7 this was not a problem. I mean this is like 1/16 wide. 27291
  9. Windows 10 graphics issues... two desktops...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 graphics issues... two desktops...: [img] Figure this one out 12577
  10. Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Peek at Desktop in Windows 10 You can use Peek (aka: Aero Peek) to preview the desktop when you move your mouse to the Show desktop button at the end of the taskbar. This can be useful for...