Windows 10: Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

Discus and support Windows 10 people app not syncing properly. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am using the people app in Windows 10 mobile and every time I go into the people app I can see contacts from my facebook account but nothing from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Johninadelaide6, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

I am using the people app in Windows 10 mobile and every time I go into the people app I can see contacts from my facebook account but nothing from my microsoft account.

However if I go into settings the part where my account is listed says "Attention Required" and when I try to sync it keeps failing.

The same account is working in my calendar app and other places, just not in the people app.

I've seen this on other forums as an actual issue but is there a fix?

:)

Johninadelaide6, Apr 24, 2017
  2. EzMonger Win User

People App Windows 10 Mobile Not Syncing Properly with People.Live.Com (Outlook.com Contacts)

So, for the first time in a while, I did a Hard Reset in Windows 10 Mobile on my Lumia 1520. I am on build 10586.164. The reason I did the hard reset in the first place is because I was noticing some issues with battery, as well as missing functionality
    when trying to assign custom ringtone and text tone sounds to contacts. A friend who is also using Windows 10 mobile suggested the hard reset, as well as most of the posts you can find online when concerning battery issues.

Also let me add that I have done hard resets in the past, as well as going back and forth between Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 in previous builds with NO SYNC ISSUES WHAT-SO-EVER. This is actually the first time I EVER had a problem with this... I have never
    lost contacts before.... so I am really puzzled as to why it is broke now. (texts were the same way in the past... I may loose 1 o 2 of the most recent texts before resync... but that didn't happen often.... and after reset they always came back after a few
    seconds... not 24 hours)

So after the hard reset, I did all the normal stuff. When I got to the point of restoring my back up, the backup failed somewhere around the end of the restore process. There was no message other than it failed. Everything looked good though. My start
    screen was back, all my options seemed set right and background pics were in order. The first problem I saw though was that the contacts in my People app had went missing. I also noticed that my text messages were not restoring like they normally did after
    a hard reset. The hard reset fixed the issue with setting the ringtone and text tones on contacts but did nothing for the batter issues. I would talk more on those, but this post is mainly about the issues I am having with contacts. The battery issues completely
    boggle the mind as well... because it seems something just isn't right... but back to contacts...

I went and checked my contacts on People.Live.Com and everything was there. I then tried some test between Online, PC, and Mobile and the contacts in mobile still would not sync. My tests included adding a contact using the People app on my PC, adding a
    different contact using the Online Website Interface, and my phone. The contacts I added on PC and online seemed to sync fine on the PC and online, but everything on mobile seemed to be disconnected. I think if I add a new contact on my phone it will sync
    to online as long as it does not match a contact I already have... more on a test I did with duplicating a contact on the phone that exits on the online account later... because that causes some real problems.

I tried reverting back to Windows 8.1 after becoming frustrated with the lack of syncing on Windows 10 mobile, thinking it was an issue with the current Windows 10 build. When I got back to Windows 8.1 the same thing happened for syncing contacts and texts.

After being on Windows 8.1 for a day, I completely missed Windows 10. Being on Windows 8.1 seemed clunky and the apps are dropping like files as far as support in 8.1, so I decided to go back to Windows 10. Got back there and set everything back up. Still
    no Contacts sync, but I did find out that the text messages FINALLY synced back after a day or so.

I have made some posts on some other forums, and asked questions, even contacted Microsoft Support on the matter, with no help anywhere. I have read every post I could find on the matter, did what it said to do with no success. I have also Upvoted and
    Submitted my own posts to the Windows Feedback app as well. I just can't find any help to getting the contacts synced.

I also found out that adding a contact that already exists on People.Live.com on to my phone as a new Outlook Contact only causes the phone to attempt to sync to the online account every few minutes which causes severe battery drain and creates MULTIPLE
    duplicate contacts on the online account.

For Example: I have a contact Fred Jenkins with a Phone Number of 123-456-7890 on People.Live.Com. The contact does not show up on my Lumia device so I add a new Outlook Contact on my phone for Fred Jenkins with the same phone number and save. Every time
    the phone tries to sync with the online Outlook account (people.live.com) a new contact is created on the online Outlook account for the same person. Within 15 minutes of creating the new contact I had over 18 duplicates of that contact online. I eventually
    deleted the Outlook contact on my phone, and did a contact cleanup online to get rid of the duplicates. I looked through all my contacts online and attempted to fix any issues I found with duplications, etc. I can't find any reason why theses contacts will
    not sync.

Also its important to note that its not like ALL of the contacts will not sync... just a good number of them. there are a few that do sync for some odd reason, but I can't find a single reason why one will and one will not. My contact lists from other
    accounts (like iCloud or even Facebook) seem to sync up fine. Its just the Outlook contacts.

I do know that there are other people having this issue, because there are multiple Windows Feedback posts on the matter. If there is something that can be done, could someone please let me know what it is. It really sucks having missing contacts from
    an OUTLOOK account on a Windows Phone...

EzMonger, Apr 24, 2017
  3. Carol66 Win User
    People App Windows 10 Mobile Not Syncing Properly with People.Live.Com (Outlook.com Contacts)

I was having the same issue. I didn't do reset, but I did go to people.live.com, clicked on Manage --> Clean up contacts. I had a few contacts that were the same because it was an outlook contact, a skype contact, and a messenger contact. it cleaned up
    about 6-9 users each with two or three duplicates.

Once I did this - my contacts all immediately synced up onto my phone properly. I never had to "unlink" anyone from my other services like facebook.

I don't have a work account - only my personal account..

Carol66, Apr 24, 2017
  4. Steve C Win User

Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

Try deleting your MS account from the People app and then reinstate it. Also, check your contact details by logging on to your MS account.

Steve C, Apr 24, 2017
  5. CountMike New Member
    I have same problem as of lately too, even started a thread about it. I tried many things like that but it didn't help, People APP just won't sync and that's a feature I liked most.

CountMike, Apr 24, 2017
  6. I did that too. I deleted the account, added it again, and even went as far as resetting my phone. All of those attempts have failed to fix this issue.

MS loves to break their stuff when they do updates.

Johninadelaide6, Apr 24, 2017
  7. Steve C Win User
    Yes, MS software QA is not great. Have you tried resetting the People App or uninstalling then reinstalling it? Running sfc /scannow from an admin command prompt is alo worth trying.

Steve C, Apr 25, 2017
  8. Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

No because this is on a windows phone I am having the issue with. It's fine on my PC. But I thought we could post about windows 10 mobile stuff here too. You can't uninstall it on a phone..

Today it did sync then 30 minutes later it did the "attention required" thing. Now it's not syncing again.

Interesting thing is in settings the server keeps changing. was m.hotmail.com now it is eas.hotmail.com does that always do that? Why so many different servers?

Johninadelaide6, Apr 25, 2017
  9. CountMike New Member
    My Lumia and desktop are syncing everything else but People APP.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2017
  10. Somewhat comforting that I am not the only one this is happening to. Is the people app broken on PC and mobile?

This app seems to have had issues since 2015

11. CountMike New Member
    It was OK in some previous builds. The people APP was last time updated at 4/24/2017 to version 10.2.1072.0 and I believe it's in trouble since long before then. I'm just checking for updates now.
    P.S.
    No updates to it.

CountMike, Apr 25, 2017
  12. Yeah same here. My phone updated it early yesterday morning.

13. Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

It seems to be working now on my phone but the little circles are all blank. But if you open the app the circles next to everyone's name show whatever pictures are there.

No spoke too soon now it's not synced again. It keeps flaking in and out.

Johninadelaide6, Apr 26, 2017
  14. magilla Win User
    I have a similar issue. I have a new computer with win 10 pro anniversary edition. The people app was present and opened but would not populate. So, I reset it--the uninstall button is grayed out. After the reset it will not stay open. I know we've had this issue before on various builds. When I go to the store, it tells me app is installed and gives me 'launch' icon. When I click on that it launches for a nanosecond and nothing. Help me

magilla, Apr 27, 2017
  15. OMG I just did a full reset of that app today and now it's opens then closes .. Oops MS

Johninadelaide6, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 people app not syncing properly.

1. Windows 10 people app not syncing properly. - Similar Threads - app syncing properly

2. People App Syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    People App Syncing: I have two computers both running Windows 10 version 1909 with MS Accounts. Computer 1 has a fully populated People App and Computer 2 has a not so fully populated People App. When I make changes, add to or delete an entry to Computer 1 those changes never get transferred to...
  3. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have used the MS People app on my Desktop and Laptop since early days and I don't remember how I populated them. Over the years, they have different entries and it has never bothered me but now it does. How to I keep them in sync? The machines are on a wireless network...
  4. People App Wont Sync Contacts

People App Wont Sync Contacts: The People App wont sync contacts. When I go into the Settings of the People App, in each of my 3 accounts it only has Mail and Calendar as syncing. I then go to the sync options of that particular account and yes, contacts is on. So what is going on? I cant figure this out...
  5. Contacts online not syncing in to people app.

Contacts online not syncing in to people app.: On behalf of an end user, I configured the Windows 10 mail app (because the far superior Windows Live Mail app has been retired by Microsoft). I exported his Windows Live Mail in to a CSV. I created a Microsoft account using his existing email address *** Email address is...
  6. People App does not sync

People App does not sync: whenever I open the People App, I get all the people but also get a message at the top of the screen that says, "Sync failed on one account." I then click on that message and choose Fix account. I get a message that says, "your account was updated successfully." Yet, when I...
  7. Photos app does not sync with People app.

Photos app does not sync with People app.: Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add...
  8. Syncing People App

Syncing People App: I have the People App set up on both my Desktop and Laptop. The desktop app is up to date. Sadly, the laptop app is months if nor a year behind. Is there a way to bring the laptop up to the desktop without examining each entry and modifying it or adding any new entries?...
  9. People app not syncing google contacts

People app not syncing google contacts: I have the release Windows 10. I have successfully linked my google account, and mail and calendar seem to work fine. But not the people (contacts) app. The account is listed in People, I can tell it to sync, get no error message, but no contacts arrive. Am I missing...
  10. people app syncing

people app syncing: I synced the mail app with my google account but only 6 of 100s of contacts populated in the people app? Any ideas? 41960