Windows 10: Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install

Discus and support Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Community Has anyone had problem with any apps not opening after download? I have downloaded the Pepperstone cTrader app from their secure site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BorisBos, Aug 12, 2019.

1. BorisBos Win User

Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install

Hi Community

Has anyone had problem with any apps not opening after download?

I have downloaded the Pepperstone cTrader app from their secure site (https://secure.pepperstone.com/downloads/ctrader) which proceeds to download the "ctrader-pepperstone-setup.exe" file to my downloads. After completion, I double click and install as normal. After installation, I click the Pepperstone app shortcut on my desktop to open the program. Then a "Launching Application" rectangular pop up box appears with icons of a screen and some kind of world globe circle thing with text under saying "Verifying application requirements. This may take a few moments". But after a few seconds, the box disappears and nothing happens. The app did not launch as if nothing happened.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app 3 times, and restarting the PC many times but to no avail.

Can somebody suggest anything to resolve this problem, perhaps with other apps?

Many thanks

Boris

:)

BorisBos, Aug 12, 2019
  2. Cvrk Win User

Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

These are the official EASy steps on how to do it. How to install Windows 10 Preview to your Windows Phone

There very simple and i've already tried them. The problem that i face is that the software (this app) does not find any updates for me .
    Many people across the world have this issues .So you need the proxy etc thing to get it to work.

3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install

Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install

1. Windows 10 Pepperstone cTrader App not working / not responding after install - Similar Threads - Pepperstone cTrader App

2. Apps not responding and working at my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps not responding and working at my taskbar: Hi,I always manage to use my taskbar to access all apps that I need for everyday. However at this time, my apps are not working on the task bar, I tried all of them and nothing works. Help please....
  3. Update Not Working, Store Not Responding, and Xbox App Won't Install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Not Working, Store Not Responding, and Xbox App Won't Install: Hey there,I recently decided to get the Xbox PC Game Pass. However, when I went to open the Xbox App on my PC, I found that it wanted to be updated. I told it I'd do that, and it opened the Microsoft Store but the store didn't do anything and I got stuck in that loop. As...
  4. Update Not Working, Store Not Responding, and Xbox App Won't Install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Not Working, Store Not Responding, and Xbox App Won't Install: Hey there,I recently decided to get the Xbox PC Game Pass. However, when I went to open the Xbox App on my PC, I found that it wanted to be updated. I told it I'd do that, and it opened the Microsoft Store but the store didn't do anything and I got stuck in that loop. As...
  5. Update Not Working, Store Not Responding, and Xbox App Won't Install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows 10 new install was working but won't respond after sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 new install was working but won't respond after sleep: Hi all, Just installed win 10 on my pc yesterday. Was working fine. This morning, I put computer in sleep mode, and it now is totally unresponsive. I have tried the following: 1. Restarting 2. Restarting with the install media thumb drive plugged in 3. Restarting...
  7. apps late respond in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    apps late respond in windows 10: HELLO, I AM A USER OF WINDOWS 10 AND WAS HAPPY WITH IT. BUT NOW APPS RESPOND VERY LATE IN WINDOWS 10 PC. WHEN I START MS WORD 2007 IT TAKES AATLEST 20 SECONDS TO OPE.. BEFORE WHEN I CLICKED IT USED TO OPEN IN 2 TO 3 SECONDS. I HAVE TRIES EVERYTHING RAN A SFC SCAN, RAN...
  8. Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Menu and Apps Not Responding: I just built a new computer a couple days ago and now sometimes when I start the pc up my windows menu flashes whatever the theme color is briefly on the screen whenever I try to open the windows menu or interact with the taskbar and random apps don't respond. The ones that...
  9. After installing Autocad 2010, Windows 10 no responding after restarting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After installing Autocad 2010, Windows 10 no responding after restarting: Hello, I have the following problem: 1. I install Windows 10 from USB - latest release 2. Install licensed Autocad 2010 3. Immediately, I start Autocad without restarting my computer and everything is working fine, however, once I restart my computer, Windows 10 starts to...
  10. Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 is not responding after installing GCC compiler: Hello this is my first post and I really appreciate some help here. I have a panasonic laptop running windows 10. Brand new, very fast. So far no problem. It boots (well it used to) up very quickly. I wanted to installe Eclipse with GCC ARm embedded toolchain, so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. secure pepperstone

2. ctrader loading but nothing happening