Windows 10: Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

Discus and support Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using windows 10 From the last 10 days my explorer crashes or stops responding, sometimes with the screen going black with only a cursor, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ShubhankarSingh1, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

I'm using windows 10

From the last 10 days my explorer crashes or stops responding, sometimes with the screen going black with only a cursor, after I updated my windows 10 to the latest version 20H2 and removed the third party anti-virus software, explore is working better than before but still it is slow it takes more time to boot up than it should, files and folders takes longer to open than it should and stops responding, video stops playing, when I attach files from PC to Gmail or other sites the tab which is created for uploading files suddenly hangs, and also my VS code programs are running really slow.

I troubleshooted my PC , I even reset Windows 10, keeping files, but it didn't resolve the issue.

Please help me solve this problem

:)

ShubhankarSingh1, Dec 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Turning off fast startup helped with this issue for another user on a different forum. For newbies, see steps Windows 10 Freezes Randomly.

kamilanwar, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly

1. Windows 10 performance is really slow and it freezes randomly - Similar Threads - performance really slow

2. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  3. Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Freezing/Slow Performance: Good day,This issue that I have been experiencing could be quite broad in terms of troubleshooting. Long story short, we have been experiencing slow performance, freezing and lagging on our laptops using Windows 11.We took the issue up with Dell as we found the same issue on...
  4. Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 randomly freezes and slow startup: Good morning I have a Dell laptop (2017, top range) and for a few months I experienced some random freezes and a very slow start-up. I have already tried to clean install Windows 10, both with Dell utility and with stock Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. I have also tried...
  5. slow performance Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    slow performance Windows 10: Mohammed Shuaib provides great info for improving my computer performance. I removed temp files and edited the start-up functions. Still, things seem slow. Is there more I can do?...
  6. Windows 10 slow performance

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 slow performance: Hi all, So I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and now I'm getting hit with issues from slow performance to weird glitches on my desktop. Chkdsk found no issues, apart from SFC /SCANNOW repairing a corrupted file. When Windows boots up it exhibits weird behavior that I've never...
  7. Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow performance of laptop and freezing , not responding.: I have Lenovo IdeaPad 300 i5 6th gen , 4 gb ram 1 tb hard drive it came with pre-installed windows 10 but now many times when I open chrome it shows not responding and many other programs like vlc paint do same and laptop is very slow what to do?...
  8. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  9. Windows 10 slow performance

Windows 10 slow performance: It takes a while to open my Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome browser. Ditto, opening up a different types of files. I have 64 bit operating system....4.00 GB DDR3L1600 MHz RAM...…...1 TB 5400 RPM hard drive. I have XFinity Wi-Fi Internet. I keep the computer clean running...
  10. Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop randomly freezing and performing slowly: I did a force shut down of my laptop when it suddenly froze one time and now the laptop is acting up. After i login after booting it up it takes a very long time for my toolbar, desktop icons and shortcuts to load up. Even after its all loaded up when i click on something or...