Windows 10: Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching

Discus and support Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; About an hour into using my pc, it doesnt matter what i am doing whether it is watching youtube or playing a high preformance game my pc starts lagging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Samgreen_04, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching

About an hour into using my pc, it doesnt matter what i am doing whether it is watching youtube or playing a high preformance game my pc starts lagging and the frames drop significantly followed by audio cutting out amd making a buzzing noise. This problem has been happening for about 4 months now and I cannot seem to find any solution to it. I have also updated and removed and reinstalled just about every driver I can think of

:)

Samgreen_04, Jan 21, 2021
  2. Kris Ver Win User

Windows 10 tiny lag spikes and audio glitch

Hi Mars,

This issue regarding the lag spikes and audio glitch can be caused by a variety of factors, such as outdated drivers.
    For us to come up with the proper resolution and to identify the exact cause of the issue, we would like to ask for additional information:

• Which Windows version or exact build are you using? To get the Windows version and build number of your PC:

1. Go to Settings.

2. Click System.

3. Click About.

You can also do this:

1. Hit Start.

2. Type winver.

3. Press Enter.

• Have you tried to check your update history? If not, kindly do so.
      This will allow us to check or see if there were updates installed prior to the issue.
    • Does the issue only happen when you're using a specific program like a web browser or a media player?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers? If not yet, kindly follow these steps:

1. Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.

2. Under Sound, video and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the
    Driver tab, and select Update Driver.

If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

We'll always be here if you need further assistance.

Kris Ver, Jan 21, 2021
  3. beardo Win User
    Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance

I've been having a problem for the last week or so, basically I keep getting lag spikes / glitches that affect the performance of my machine. This manifests itself in the most obvious way as what can best be described as occasional "gzzzfchzz" sounds (much like a BSoD sound while playing video, but only for a fraction of a second). I first noticed it on YouTube and thought it may be a browser issue, but I've since experienced it playing literally any video or sound, and less obviously while doing anything whatsoever on my machine (although since they're only for a fraction of a second they're less obvious when doing anything without sound).

Someone else seems to have had the same problem as me:
    Occasional micro-stuttering / lag-spikes - Windows 10 Forums
    Although they don't say exactly how they fixed it...

I've had Windows 10 installed since the public release day, I have all drivers updated to the latest versions, and I'm running on an Intel i7-4770K (not overclocked) with 32GB of DDR3 RAM and a Samsung 840 EVO SSD so it's a system that really shouldn't be encountering any lag, especially just playing Netflix or an MP3.

Any help would be appreciated since it's driving me mad.

Here's a little clip of what happens, the glitch is half way through at 5 seconds:

4sJTNl7WllM

beardo, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching

Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance

Disable updates by changing your network system to one with a metered connection.

PlatypusKnight, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching

1. Windows 10 performance lagging and audio glitching - Similar Threads - performance lagging audio

2. Sudden glitch/lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  3. Sudden glitch/lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden glitch/lag: Hi, I've updated from Windows 10 to Windows 11 the day it came out and since then I'm experiencing a bug that I cannot find solution for.It can happen at any time, no matter what the computer is being used for.For about a second, the video and audio lags a lot, like if it was...
  4. Windows 10: Audio crackles/glitches

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10: Audio crackles/glitches: I realize that there are several other threads for this, but this is a problem I can't seem to fix. Generally, when I'm listening to music, or recording, playing games, etc. and I'll experience crackles or glitching, like in songs with glitch beats or something. I've tried...
  5. Audio performance in real time, latency, glitches and dropouts with Win 10...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio performance in real time, latency, glitches and dropouts with Win 10...: I have updated my ram to 16 gb on my new dell inspiron 5570, despite this and after following indications from Native Instruments for its own soundcard, and from win 10 users with same problem as I mine. I still can't find a a proper and definitive solution to my latency...
  6. Windows Audio Glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Audio Glitch: So when watching YouTube videos or any other type of audio the audio glitches and creates a ssssszh like sound. But after restarting the audio affect goes away but then back again. Please Help!...
  7. Performance/ Lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Performance/ Lag: My surface pro 4 storage is at less than 1/3 of its max, but still takes forever to load anything. It isn't my internet because it happens everywhere. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be very thankful...
  8. Audio lag windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio lag windows 10: Hi guys, I've recently purchased a pair of bluetooth earphones, theyre great. Theres a known issue that they have an audio lag to the media being played, due to the way they connect. This was easily fixed on my android device by installing an app called metronome, and...
  9. Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag spikes / glitches affecting performance: I've been having a problem for the last week or so, basically I keep getting lag spikes / glitches that affect the performance of my machine. This manifests itself in the most obvious way as what can best be described as occasional "gzzzfchzz" sounds (much like a BSoD sound...
  10. Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Stuttering/Lagging with Graphical Glitches: I have installed Win 10 Pro and been using it for a while. I also have a ASUS STRIX GTX 960 OC with 2GB GDDR5 video memory, and 4GB ram. Lately I have been noticing a lag/stuttering after using the computer for a while. Mind that the problem doesn't come on as soon as the PC...