Windows 10: Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles.

Discus and support Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro - 1803 - 17134.523 I have a very large code base that I compile, multiple times during development. It is quite a few files, spanning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tony Marchini, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles.

Windows 10 Pro - 1803 - 17134.523

I have a very large code base that I compile, multiple times during development. It is quite a few files, spanning many deep directories.

After a restart , I can execute the build and it will run for a little over three minutes . That is acceptable.

If I run, the exact same build (each build starts with a cleanup by deleting the entire build directory) , it will take nearly 5 minutes.

If I run it again, the build time jumps to 9 minutes.

Then 14...

Then it is just quicker to reboot.

These are rotating drives in question, so there are not the running out of flash block issues occurring.

The build itself will take all 8 cores of my CPU to 100% (4 cores , 4 hyper-threaded) , and that is expected. The Hard drive doesn't seem to hit more than 10%.

It like I am walking deeper and deeper into a swamp.

Any ideas?

:)

Tony Marchini, Feb 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Feb 18, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles.

Delta6326, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles.

1. Windows 10 Performance Slide while doing multiple compiles. - Similar Threads - Performance Slide while

2. Windows 7 VB- compile versus Windows 10 VB6 compile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 VB- compile versus Windows 10 VB6 compile: I create a VB6 program called Trucker.1.0 and compile in using Windows 7. Within the application title box when compiling it, is the name 'Daily_TASK'. Now I assume this is from some previous project. However, when I execut the Trucker program , "ALL is fine". NOW movinf to...
  3. getting error while compiling program in command prompt

getting error while compiling program in command prompt: Hello there, I am unable to compile my program in command prompt. Whenever I try to compile it is always pointing to another file. It is making me annoy as it is always showing errors of another file even after deleting the file. Please help me to fix my problem as soon as...
  4. Slide scanners for Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Slide scanners for Windows 10: Any suggestions for a slide scanner to transfer old photo slides to Windows 10 please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slide-scanners-for-windows-10/39bf9679-bf39-4d4e-99ed-06a0fe8c19da
  5. How do you optimize Windows 10 compiler to achieve maximum performance

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do you optimize Windows 10 compiler to achieve maximum performance: I was reading about how in the old days there was c++ that allowed you to optimize Windows code to achieve maximum performance through out Windows (I'm assuming this was mainly for low end systems) it seems like if this is still possible it would have to be something to...
  6. slide shows in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    slide shows in Windows 10: Is there a way to use the Windows photo app, or any other Windows 10 app, to produce a slide show including videos which will repeat, over and over, without any action by me....
  7. Windows 10 slide-show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 slide-show: After rebooting the computer, the slide show directory is reset to "DesktopBackground". And there are not many my pictures! This happens on both my computers....
  8. Performance spikes on Windows 10, even while idling.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance spikes on Windows 10, even while idling.: Hello, I've come across your forum while searching for a solution to my performance spikes on my Windows 10 machine. I've seen a few older threads dicussing the same problem, but none of their solutions provided any improvement for me hence this thread. This computer is...
  9. Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor performance while gaming on Windows 10: Hey all, not quite sure where else to post this. Since upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 I've had nothing but problems while gaming. Games that used to run at 100+ FPS now run at 20-30. I experience constant stuttering and frame drops on even the lowest graphic settings....
  10. Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks

Multiple BSOD while doing general tasks: Hi. After trying multiple solutions I have come here hoping for a solution. My system has been crashing for a long time now, after trying windows debugger, the issue usually is the ntkrmpl.exe . I have attached the Crash file below Please help. 72108