Windows 10: Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Permissions Issues in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi there, hoping someone can help, as this is driving me insane and I have Googled all over for a solution but with no success so far... I have... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by glastolover, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Hi there, hoping someone can help, as this is driving me insane and I have Googled all over for a solution but with no success so far...

I have multiple applications which refuse to save into a certain folder - I get an error message that permission is denied. I believe this is because that folder has an old/defunct owner - the disk drive has moved across different PCs. I think the solution to this should be to reassign ownership of that folder to the main admin account I am logged into on my PC. However, when I try doing this, by going to Properties of the folder, going to Security tab, clicking on Advanced and then clicking Change next to the owner name, I get a dialog box asking me to select a user or group to assign as owner, but the list is blank. I don't understand why this is, can anyone help?!?

I have a temporary fix of running the applications as admin, but this is probably not good practice (!) and also means you have to click Yes at the UAC prompt every time you start the application, which is quite annoying. Would really love to get this fixed, very grateful for any help anyone can provide!

Am running the latest Windows build (1809). Sorry if haven't described the issue well enough, can post more details/screenshots if required...

Thanks!!!

:)

glastolover, Apr 2, 2019
  2. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Apr 2, 2019
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Apr 2, 2019
  4. Bree Win User

Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Permission issue

Presumably because TrustedInstaller is the owner (hence you need its permission), suggesting that img3.jpg was installed by Windows at some time.

Presumably that also means it can be uninstalled. How did you get it in the first place? Where is it located?

If you really want to delete it yourself, then taking ownership would seem a logical first step.

Bree, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Permissions Issues

1. Windows 10 Permissions Issues - Similar Threads - Permissions Issues

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  3. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  4. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  5. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  6. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  8. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  9. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...
  10. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synology dsm 6.2 share permissions quit working

2. windows 10 ltsb permission issue