Windows 10: Windows 10 Permissions Issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Permissions Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed two issues issues related to permissions after the upgrade to Windows 10. I used the upgrade process using a fresh install of Windows 8... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by nixguru, Jul 30, 2015.

1. nixguru Win User

Windows 10 Permissions Issues

I've noticed two issues issues related to permissions after the upgrade to Windows 10. I used the upgrade process using a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro, telling Windows 10 to keep nothing. It would appear to be the same file system, as windows.old existed after the upgrade.

1. Uncompressed Bitdefender in the downloads directory and after installing, I literally cannot delete the folder. Keeps giving me permissions errors, even though I was the one that uncompressed it and I have full permissions in the directory structure. I even went to take ownership of it (which failed) and reset inheritance (which also failed).

2. While I have read you use Disk Cleanup to remove it, it seems wrong that you cannot delete the windows.old directory structure without using Disk Cleanup. There should be nothing using it and you should be able to escalate permissions to remove it. Anyone know what is going on here? To the best of my recollection, Windows 8 upgrade allowed you to remove it and didn't behave strangely like that.

Any thoughts?

:)

nixguru, Jul 30, 2015

2. Windows 10 upgrade makes my computer shut down randomly

I have the same issue. MY Windows 10 is a new OEM install. BECAUSE, last update fried my hardrive. So new SSD Drives, New OEM professional install and SINCE that install, nothing but random shutdowns. Professional diagnostic from a nationally known computer
    center could not find anything. Thought it was a power cord issue. PLEASE UPDATE Windows 10. From the web searches I see Many Many people having this issue. SO, when it came time for my son to go off to college, we decided to buy him a MAC laptop.

Windows 10 has issues, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Cyndi-P Win User

When I try to save something I've edited online or other, I get an error saying that I don't have permission to access the folder, and then I am asked if I would like to save the doc or pictures , when I click yes I get the same error again. I've read every
    single post and user and Microsoft answer and I don't know about anyone else but this is VERY FRUSTRATING and affecting my ability to work.

Microsoft keeps giving the same boilerplate suggested fixes which don't work.

Cyndi-P, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Permissions Issues - Similar Threads - Permissions Issues

2. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  3. Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox app broken on Windows 11, folder permission issue with no way for user to resolve,...: I had an old installation of windows on this computer. I recently reinstalled windows. The folders on the old drive have some permissions issue. I have my new windows setup and working find on C:/. I can install Xbox games to C:/ just fine.However, the D:/ drive is...
  4. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  5. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...: Is there an issue with UAC on windows 10? I am trying to load a new app, but the permission box only shows a NO , where it should have YES or NO. I tried to run the app as administrator, but that did not work....
  6. is there an issue with user access control for windows 10? I cannot get permission to load...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  8. Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11

Newly Occurring Permission Issues Windows 10 and 11: Recently, we have found several of our devices to have issues with running executables from network shares. The devices are part of a domain with network permissions applied with Active Directory Security Groups. I an admin on both the problem devices and the file share...
  9. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...
  10. Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc

Windows 11 pc has permission issues after transferring data to new pc: I took the ssd out my old pc, used a ssd to usb transferring cable to transfer data to my new computer. Put the ssd back in my old computer and now the old pc running windows 11 is running slow and having permission access issues. I can barely access anything. Cant change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. permissions you must have permissions user directory windows 10 greyed out