Windows 10: Windows 10 permissions to install a program

Discus and support Windows 10 permissions to install a program in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just got a new windows 10 desktop. Installing software. So far so good. Then, trying to install another program, i get a notice that the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by patmymonkeyDovichi, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Windows 10 permissions to install a program

I just got a new windows 10 desktop. Installing software. So far so good. Then, trying to install another program, i get a notice that the administrator blocked me from installing the program. I am the only user of said computer. When i go into my user properties, under "group or user names:" it has 3 things listed... SYSTEM, patmymonkey Dovichi *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and AdministratorsDESKTOP-OORN7IH\Administrators. According to properties for patmymonkey, ibhave full control with all boxes checked under 'allow'. What do i need to do to fix this?

Windows 10 permissions to install a program [​IMG]

:)

patmymonkeyDovichi, Oct 23, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Oct 23, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Oct 23, 2020
  4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions to install a program

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 permissions to install a program

1. Windows 10 permissions to install a program - Similar Threads - permissions install program

2. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  3. Error with permissions as admin with program installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with permissions as admin with program installer: I was trying to install Keepass and when I ran the installer, it gave me an issue and prevented me from continuing further. My image won't upload so here's the message word for word. "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory:...
  4. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  5. Permissions Problem on newly installed program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permissions Problem on newly installed program: Good day,I have encountered the most unusual situation.I have installed a athletics results program for the school I am working with. For some or other reason the computer does not allow the program to work. I have checked all the permissions on the folder of the program....
  6. windows 10 program files permissions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 program files permissions: Hi, I’m using windows 10 20h2, I make a fresh install on my laptop. During the installation I set up a User, this is the only one user on laptop, and it have adminrights. But with this user I can’t edit program files and program filesx86 folders, because it’s said access...
  7. Program permissions based on User Permissions?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program permissions based on User Permissions?: I have a windows user that won't open a certain program, but if I change to a different user on the same machine, it will open. The software support team says there is an issue with the user profile permissions not allowing the program to open fulling under the USER 1...
  8. Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 - Don't have permissions to install in Program Files, but I'm the sole...: Hi, I've had this problem over the years with Windows. I just re-installed Windows 10, and it won't let me install anything into Program Files. It says I need to be an administrator, but I AM the administrator, which is shown in User Accounts. How can I have permission to...
  9. permissions when installing a new program

in Windows 10 Customization
    permissions when installing a new program: When I try to install some new programs I get the message "insufficient permissions" I am the only person using this computer....
  10. Program Files Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Program Files Permissions: Hi there, I upgraded from 7 to 10 today on my PC, and all appears to have gone well... 1 thing I noticed however was that I had a program that is portable (i.e. you run directly from it's own folder each time, rather than installing into Program Files), and because I...