Windows 10: Windows 10 Perpetual Looping from 0xc000021a error

Discus and support Windows 10 Perpetual Looping from 0xc000021a error in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As this is my first post, I did look for similar issues, but didn't find one. I am by no means a computer expert, but have grown up around them,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by archerj2010, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Perpetual Looping from 0xc000021a error

As this is my first post, I did look for similar issues, but didn't find one.

I am by no means a computer expert, but have grown up around them, and have used them actively for the majority of my life, so I have a fair familiarity with them.

I recently completed my first PC build, and everything worked flawlessly. Windows 10 installed and ran fine, all my hardware was recognized without issue, and everything updated automatically upon startup. My goal was a strictly game-centric build, no overclocking or anything.

I come home today, and realize that my PC goes into the windows auto repair immediately, prompting me with an 0xc000021a error. My motherboard debug LCD was prompting me with b2 (short) 99 (short) a2 (long) my manual is very vague about it, but from what I have gleaned, it has to do with my peripherals, so I unplugged mouse and keyboard (supposedly 99 represents one or the other), no luck.

I initially tried to do a system reset, and it got to about 20% (both with and without saving personal files) and said that the process could not be completed, so I resorted to safe mode.I tried booting the computer in safe mode just to try to make some progress, and then upon rebooting to enter safe mode, it froze. I let it sit for several minutes before I manually reset the computer. Now it cycles between black screen, and MSI logo back and forth. I can enter BIOS, if I time it right. I can't get it to bring up the windows advanced options screen (to do system reset, command prompt, and such) at this point.

I remember Nvidia updating on my PC for my GPU before I left for a business trip 3 days ago, I left the computer to itself overnight, and got up and left the next morning without checking things out. I returned today to this mess...I can only figure this has something to do with it, as it's the only thing that has changed.

My only options I can fathom are;
    1) unhook the GPU and run integrated graphics to uninstall/reinstall GPU drivers. I tried this, and for some reason my monitor isn't responding with my motherboard directly. I may be missing something here.
    2)I'm going to upgrade my 250GB SSD with a 500GB SSD anyway - can I simply reinstall windows off my original OEM DVD and reinstall all my steam games and such?

specs;
    Intel i7 4790K
    MSI Gaming 7 Z97
    crucial 250GB SSD
    16GB Kingston 1600 RAM
    EVGA GeForce GTX 960 SSC

I appreciate any input anyone can give - I'm left with a $1200 boat anchor at this point, and am unsure what to do.

:)

archerj2010, Oct 17, 2015
  2. SGT_2112 Win User

stop code 0xc000021a do not boot

I have the same issue someone else noted that the Blue Screen with stopcode 0xc000021a simply loops perpetually. It keeps giving me the screen that it ran into a problem, needs to restart and collects info. It then repeats perpetually. Unlike others I
    don't get to any troubleshooting or other options. Does not seem to be a way to break out.

I had reinstalled Windows 10 to deal with 100% HD usage, but seemed like there was a lot of processes running so wasn't sure it really cleaned my registry. I then did a reset to the Lenovo build and it was again locked up with 100% usage. I then tried
    to reinstall (like originally) and am now in the loop of death. If anyone can help, please let me know what to do. Thanks!

SGT_2112, Oct 17, 2015
  3. Lenovo desktop locked up after downloding windows 10

Downloaded file and inserted USB then restated computer. The system went into a loop and

kept giving me an error code 0xc000021a

JerryDooley, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

Windows 10 Perpetual Looping from 0xc000021a error

1. Windows 10 Perpetual Looping from 0xc000021a error - Similar Threads - Perpetual Looping 0xc000021a

2. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10: Hello everyone, My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced...
  3. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10: Hello everyone, My laptop with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. When I turn on my laptop, it shows the message: 'Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC' and the options: 'Shut down' and 'Advanced...
  4. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

5. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

6. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

7. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

8. Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10

Error 0xc000021a on Windows 10: Hello everyone, My notebook with Windows 10 is showing a blue screen with the error 0xc000021a every time I try to access the Windows. I haven't be able to use my notebook for almost two months because of this error. I've tried everything to fix this error, but it didn't...
  9. Windows 10 Stopcode 0xc000021a - boot loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Stopcode 0xc000021a - boot loop: My PC is is stuck in a bootloop and I can't find a fix. Before redirecting me to similar posts, please read the issues I am facing. I have created a USB Boot drive via Microsoft media creation tool, I can boot to this drive and access the command prompt but despite...
  10. Windows 10 0xc000021a Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 0xc000021a Error: I had bought a pc with installed windows 8 in it after a year I upgraded it to windoes 10 pro original. After about 2 months i got this screen of death shoping "your pc ran into a problem". I tried to fix this problem using many command prompt methods but it didn't work. So I...
Tags: