Windows 10: Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365...

Discus and support Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop was setup with my personal MSFT account. I have a work Office365 and MSFT account. We use OneDrive for files. My machine associates my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Samantha Evans, May 7, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365...

My laptop was setup with my personal MSFT account.

I have a work Office365 and MSFT account.

We use OneDrive for files.

My machine associates my personal MSFT account via File Explorer and that MSFT is not recognized as part of our work Office365 account.

Outcome - I cannot work from my desktop to access files in OneDrive.

I cannot share access rights from my desktop file explorer.

How can I add my work MSFT account to my computer so that I can maintain a workflow of desktop installations, not having to work via web apps?

Is this a network access issue?

Is this a profile sign in issue?

Our IT "support" didn't realize when we moved tenants that my Office365 was not pointed to the new tenant. They made a bunch of changes to my windows settings. Now my file explorer is tied to my personal MSFT, and my work MSFT Office365 is not a default.

:)

Samantha Evans, May 7, 2019

2. Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365... [​IMG]

Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365... [​IMG]

TechGuy737, May 7, 2019
  3. Microsoft work and personal accounts

I have two different Microsoft accounts. One for work and one for personal use. Each account is linked to a different PC.

Lately, I rarely use my personal desktop PC and only use my work Laptop.

What I need to know is, if there is an option so that I could link or merge the two accounts, or maybe add my personal account to my work laptop so that I have my personal settings added and can access them for the laptop as well as my desktop.

What I would need is access to my personal contacts, OneDrive, Skype etc, without losing the respective work options. Also I would not like them to be merged in to one big mess. Like, for example, having one large Skype contact list containing personal and
    work contacts.

Thank you.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

Philip Frag, May 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365...

Hide or Show User Profile's Personal Folders in Navigation Pane

Hello Brink and thank you. This website is a very helpful resource. Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365... :)

Your suggested answer will hide the User Profile folder in the Navigation Pane.

Instead, this scenario involves not hiding the User Profile folder but hiding specific Personal Folders in the Navigation Pane that are marked "Hidden" in the Files/Folders Listing Area.

My suspicion is that there are more "PinToNamespace" registry entries for me to toggle the DWORD value.

TechGuy737, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365...

1. Windows 10 Personal Machine: Profile is personal account - need to add my work Office365... - Similar Threads - Personal Machine Profile

2. Can I separate my work and personal profiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I separate my work and personal profiles?: I'm a university student who uses the same laptop and thus same Microsoft account, for both my work and my personal uses. Is it possible to separate the two into completely separate instances without having to create a brand new profile? I don't want to have Steam on my...
  3. my personal account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my personal account: Hello, I am trying to make sure my personal account has been closed. And trying to find out what my monthly bill will be and when is it due? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-account/1f255020-786b-403e-947b-cdd31efeb826
  4. my personal account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my personal account: Hello, I am trying to make sure my personal account has been closed. And trying to find out what my monthly bill will be and when is it due? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-personal-account/1f255020-786b-403e-947b-cdd31efeb826
  5. my personal account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. account on one single personal tangible machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    account on one single personal tangible machine: OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro. Version: 10.0.19042 Build 19042 In side of: System/Your Info. There is a hyper link to form fields written in color blue: sighn in with a local account instead. Everything below this sentence is written by the person who wrote this post. The...
  7. Can't Add personal Account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't Add personal Account: Hello, this is Luther I am having problems adding a personal account to Microsoft store. Each Time I try i always get the "Cant use personal Account use school or work account instead". I wanted to know is there a fix or is this permanently....
  8. Need a person

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need a person: Please help me find a technical person to talk me through a problem. Time critical. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-a-person/7b0741d1-6260-4de5-b215-498791748054
  9. Can't add personal account to Windows Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't add personal account to Windows Store.: Hello, i have a problem. I can't add personal account to Windows Store. I have only button "Add a business account", but I want to add a personal account, not a business. [ATTACH] Also I don't have option to add a personal Microsoft account. I can only add business or...
  10. Can't add personal account to onedrive!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't add personal account to onedrive!!!: I right click the onedrive icon in the taskbar and select settings. I press on add account and type in the email that for the account that I want to add. it the shows an account of my work email and an option to select another account. so I type in the personal email again,...