Windows 10: Windows 10 Personalization and updates - Oops they did it again.

Discus and support Windows 10 Personalization and updates - Oops they did it again. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I got frustrated again. The recent change to the display's font management messed me up royally. The fonts in the file explorer and many applications... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by _JackD_, Aug 25, 2018.

1. _JackD_ Win User

Windows 10 Personalization and updates - Oops they did it again.

I got frustrated again. The recent change to the display's font management messed me up royally. The fonts in the file explorer and many applications are too small for me. I don't want to scale it - i use numerous applications and some of them have complex interface. Let's say I got used to it.

Last couple hours I'm trying to play with Adjusting ClearType text. OK - some things got better, but still - font sizes are in general really too small or too thin. Am I forced to convert to picture writing and set up large custom icons so I can read them? I worked with various displays for years and never had this problem. Today after three hours I have a headache.

Is it really necessary to change so many things in redesigning user interface few things at the time? One new feature breaks another existing one which was working well. Removing WORKGROUP messed up many of my setups without really replacing it with something useful. I don't want to share files one by one - I don't want to go into sharing using OneDrive which requires internet access and few times permissions were corrupted and recovery was time consuming.

The other thing which annoys me it is constant search: How do you do it now? Things moving around from old control panel to new Settings. Does Microsoft want us to run Windows on mobile phones? I still want to use it as Desktop/Laptop system and these changes appear really not really thought out before, and a little hasty.

Last few days I'm basically spending fixing things and searching Internet for solutions. Many of them created in 05.2018 have already outdated screenshots. System commands sometimes behave differently on different PC's - shouldn't it be unified?

Well... I let some steam out.

:)

_JackD_, Aug 25, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 25, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Personalization and updates - Oops they did it again. - Similar Threads - Personalization updates Oops

2. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.: I tried and tried to reply and it won't let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong-please-try-again/6ecaf5d6-ce53-451c-b139-744de3436611
  3. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.: I tried and tried to reply and it won't let me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oops-something-went-wrong-please-try-again/6ecaf5d6-ce53-451c-b139-744de3436611
  4. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again: This message is in response to issues with this forum. I found no please to tag it to.When responding to an AnswerThe error message that I receive when responding to a Topic.Oops! Something went wrong. Please try againWhat's the matter, don't you like me anymore?bob...
  5. Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again: This message is in response to issues with this forum. I found no please to tag it to.When responding to an AnswerThe error message that I receive when responding to a Topic.Oops! Something went wrong. Please try againWhat's the matter, don't you like me anymore?bob...
  6. it did it again

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    it did it again: Wednesday night i was trying to turn in my assignments. I was using my hotspot since our wifi is cut off. All the sites were moving way too slow and then network adapters decided to flip out on me again. The troubleshoot says theres something wrong with my driver. I don’t...
  7. Oops it happens again

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Oops it happens again: I had a similar problem to this when I did an update, some months ago. It seems like the updates think I am part of an organization when I am a single user, one computer, one chair, one desk. Any help greatly appreciated. [img] 140168
  8. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.": Hello, I am trying to reply to posts on the Microsoft Community and I am getting this error message: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." I am not including any links in my posts, it is just giving me this error message when I attempt to reply to them. Any help...
  9. "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.": Hello, I am trying to reply to posts on the Microsoft Community and I am getting this error message: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again." I am not including any links in my posts, it is just giving me this error message when I attempt to reply to them. Any help...
  10. oops OUTLOOK AGAIN

in Browsers and Email
    oops OUTLOOK AGAIN: [img] 89024