Windows 10: Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update?

Discus and support Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 HK variant which I got from Amazon as the 1520 was not released here in Canada. It is SIM-less (unlocked). It was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by badrobot, Feb 5, 2015.

1. badrobot Win User

Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update?

Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update? [​IMG]

I have a Nokia Lumia 1520 HK variant which I got from Amazon as the 1520 was not released here in Canada. It is SIM-less (unlocked). It was updated (OTA) to 8.1 a few months after I got it back in July 2014.

I just hope that my device is fully compatible with the Windows 10 Phone Tech Preview.

:)

badrobot, Feb 5, 2015

2. Are you going to return your WP7?

Moving to Cloud or Later to the Ozone its ok, But the choice must remain with the user, and no one must force the users to do so, By blocking all other ways to transporting contacts to the phone, microsoft is wrong in thinking that users will like or do
    what they like. They must immediately come up with a tool to sync without the use of internet, cloud, or Liveid's It wont be long when users will take it as microsoft saying... "Take it or ****, go get ANDROID."

MukkeshGandhi, Feb 5, 2015
  3. Are you going to return your WP7?

TOTALLY agree. If Microsoft were to ask me (I can't believe they haven't! Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update? :), I'd tell them to focus on nice, simple Skydrive integration so I can move files of all kinds back-and-forth freely.

markinthebox, Feb 5, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

I had a Lumia 930 delivered today so I can join the fun.

z3r010, Feb 5, 2015
  5. tomppa Win User
    Ihave a Nokia lumia 625

tomppa, Feb 5, 2015
  6. WHS
    whs Win User
    I am cheap. Mine is only $49 unlocked. But I have no ambitions to play with the TP. I use it mainly for navigation and to watch the Flintstones when the wife is shopping in the mall, LOL.

7. ARC1020 Win User
    Nice. I've just been watching a vid with a 925 in it and if I had a silver edge on my phone instead of black, I think I'd be tempted to try a light background with grey background photo, as it looks pretty awesome IMO:

ARC1020, Feb 6, 2015
  8. rfruth Win User

Nokia Lumia 1520 is on my wish list *Wink

rfruth, Feb 6, 2015
  9. badrobot Win User
    My 1520 has a very busy screen.

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
  10. badrobot Win User
    Just getting my backup phone Nokia 6230 ready just in case Windows 10 bricked my 1520.

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
  11. Edwin New Member
    Same! I have no clue when or if mine will be eligible for Windows 10. I haven't even got the Denim update yet!
    Really impressed with HEREMaps and Cortana replying to my texts for me though!

Edwin, Feb 6, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Same! I have no clue when or if mine will be eligible for Windows 10. I haven't even got the Denim update yet!
    Really impressed with HEREMaps and Cortana replying to my texts for me though!
    Denim just rolled out in UK a few days ago. I am also still running Cyan.

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

Maybe I should turn the thing on to get the updates. Have not turned it on in weeks, LOL. But then I don't know whether I want updates to scramble my nice setup.

14. badrobot Win User
    does your phone has Backup feature under settings? You can backup you settings and apps online. You can restore all your apps and settings anytime even when you are changing phones.

I just backed up early this afternoon in prep for 10. *Smile

badrobot, Feb 6, 2015
  15. ARC1020 Win User
    Just been looking at the North America Denim availability and it seems to be even worse than the UK...
    Availability in North America - Microsoft - Global

Updates are the number one thing Microsoft really need to sort out with Windows Phone, because it's a really bad setup as it is. And it certainly shouldn't be possible for carriers to delay or block updates like they have. IMO Updates should roll out the same way they do with Windows OS, I.E. All devices get the same updates at the same time. Because as it is, all it does is annoy and frustrate people on a massive scale, which is a shame because apart from that people who use Windows Phone really like it.

It doesn't give a particularly good impression of Windows Phone when people are being bombarded with Microsoft's Cortana adverts everywhere, but when people buy a phone, not only do some of them find Cortana isn't pre-installed, but when they try to get the Denim update (to officially get Cortana in their country) they can't even install Denim because it's not actually available for their device yet. To make it worse, they also receive marketing emails saying "Lumia Denim software update. Get the best Lumia smartphone experience yet. The Lumia Denim software update is available across the entire range of Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1". I think that'd be enough to try even Ned Flanders patience.

ARC1020, Feb 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Phone - What device are you going to update? - Similar Threads - Phone device are

2. MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?: I really like the Phone Link app but because it never stays connected with my phone, I cannot use it. Very frustrating to have something that is so intermittent. Therefore I disabled it. When is Microsoft going to fix this?...
  3. MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MICROSOFT, when are you going to fix the PHONE LINK app?: I really like the Phone Link app but because it never stays connected with my phone, I cannot use it. Very frustrating to have something that is so intermittent. Therefore I disabled it. When is Microsoft going to fix this?...
  4. What is going on with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on with Windows 10: After the last Windows update, I find myself spending more and more time watching the circle of frustration waiting for a PC that I can actually use and I must say it drives me mad. Booting my computer takes an age so I normally choose 'Hibernate" - It seems Microsoft has...
  5. What is going on with Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is going on with Windows Update?: Windows did an automatic update on my computer last night, and I have a couple of questions/topics for discussion about it: 1: My computer has always had a wonky touch screen. A year or so ago, I disabled my touch screen via regedit using this helpful guide:...
  6. What is going on Windows 10 update!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on Windows 10 update!!!: I have a interview Monday - need to print - need to connect to the internet I did the Windows 10 update due to threat of no support in the future. Now I cannot print wot my HP Envy or stay connected to the internet I do not need this frustration and stresss Can someone...
  7. What Is Going On With Update 1803

in Windows 10 Support
    What Is Going On With Update 1803: For the second time, Microsoft has overridden my settings for Windows Update and Background Intelligent Transfer in services and forced a download of 1803. And predictably it caused problems. After the update Windows would not even start. Thankfully, I have a system image and...
  8. Whats going on with updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Whats going on with updates: Just checked history and all failed,everything else has update in office and security. Where do I begin? All update have worked before december, running OS build 14393.576 now. *Sick Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3213986)...
  9. Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows to Go on a Mobile phone !!!: Hi there The SAMSUNG S5 seems to work at USB3 speed. Note a USB 3 cable needed --- if you only use the 2nd (right hand) connector a normal USB2 cable fits which is what I use in the charger. My laptop recognizes the USB device from the BIOS so I'm going to see if I can...
  10. What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire

in Windows 10 News
    What You Need to Know Before You Go to Microsoft Inspire: Microsoft Inspire is just over a week away. Are you getting ready? Are you getting excited? We definitely are. So just like us, you should be sure to double check your travel arrangements, download the Know Before You Go guide and get the mobile app to make sure you’re ready...