Windows 10: Windows 10 photo albums

Discus and support Windows 10 photo albums in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A great number of my photo albums have disappeared. It began with just one album missing, then more, now about a third of them. The photos are still on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Tlarien, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Tlarien Win User

Windows 10 photo albums

A great number of my photo albums have disappeared. It began with just one album missing, then more, now about a third of them. The photos are still on my computer, but the specific albums, the result of hours and hours of work, are empty. I believe this is due to Windows 10 updates. Can anyone tell me, step by step, how to retrieve and restore these albums? Thank you.

:)

Tlarien, Jan 8, 2021

2. photo albums

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Could you please briefly explain the procedure that you have followed to setup an album using Windows 10?
    2. Which application are you using to display the album?
    3. Which version of Windows is running on your device?

Refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running
    to provide the details.

If you’re referring to Photos app, I suggest you to refer the section “Help the app find more photos” from the article
    See all your photos
    for the steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Photo's app removes my photo's from an album

Hi Dino,

To help resolve you concern, what we suggest is to modify your photos properly. Follow these steps:

• Select the Start

Windows 10 photo albums 28805_en_1.jpg

button, then select Photos.

• Select Albums, select the album you want, then select
      Edit
      . Or, to start creating a new album, select New album , select the photos you want to include, and then select
      Done .

• Do any of the following:

• Type to enter a new title.

• Select Add or remove photos, select the ones you want, then select
        Done .

• To change the photo shown at the top, select Change cover, choose a photo, then select
        Done .
    You may also watch the video on this
    link
    for more information.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Raymond Ave, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Windows 10 photo albums

name photo album windows 10

Hi Rena,

Conflicts with the photos app settings is one of the possible reasons why you are having issues naming an album. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try running the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you will still encounter
    the same issue in renaming an album in the Photos app.

Update us with the results so we can further assist you.

Eric Ber, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 photo albums

1. Windows 10 photo albums - Similar Threads - photo albums

2. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  3. Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Shared Albums No Longer Visible in Photos Apps: Only recently has the shared albums disappeared from this App. I was enjoying seeing some access to the many albums shared with me in the IOS world.Was this by design ?...
  4. how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...

how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...: How can I make albums that organize my photos and then send an album to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-albums-in-photos-i-want-to-group/1ec5fd77-8106-423b-ad2b-7a3ee25a511f
  5. how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make albums in photos, I want to group photos and send them to friends. can I make...: How can I make albums that organize my photos and then send an album to an email? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-make-albums-in-photos-i-want-to-group/1ec5fd77-8106-423b-ad2b-7a3ee25a511f
  6. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  7. Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app

Microsoft Photos Windows 10 - Create Photo Albums with updated Photos app: How to create a Photo album using the updated version of Microsoft Photos app. Unable to find the Create option. Earlier version of Photos helped us to create nice albums with background audio etc.. whereas after the Photos app update, there is no create option at all....
  8. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  9. Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icloud shared photo albums not automatically updating in Windows: Can someone please assist me? I have my iCloud synced to my Windows PC, but when I open the D Drive > Icloud Photos > Shared > "Album", it doesn't show all of my recently synced photos in that shared album. How do I get this folder to update on my PC, so I can see all of the...
  10. Did Microsoft get rid of all Photo Albums?

Did Microsoft get rid of all Photo Albums?: My Photo Albums have disappeared, and "Albums" does not appear at all as a heading.I have all my Photos, but the Albums are gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-microsoft-get-rid-of-all-photo-albums/0683c12e-6f0f-4fb4-807a-417e20aa3123