Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SarahHogan1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Hi there

I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual folders onto the Photo App but I haven't been able to do this. I've gone to the Import tab and select the folder but it just says (what I already have) Add Folder to Pictures. It isn't copying or transferring over to an album in the App. Please could somebody help?

Thanks

:)

SarahHogan1, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Martmcd Win User

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

How do I save/transfer pictures in photos with Windows 10, onto flashdrive/thumbdrive

close the photo app

open file explorer

click on pictures

then try the steps suggested by Arul_D

Martmcd, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

1. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures - Similar Threads - Photo App File

2. Photos on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos on File Explorer: I have been able to show all my photos for years in alpha/numeric sequence in file explorer slide show; but now the show them in a random sequence, including all my old files which previously showed them as alpha/numeric. Please could you tell me how I can disable random play...
  3. File Explorer / Photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File Explorer / Photos: Hello, Through One Drive I have all of my pictures on PC. Today I accidentaly pressed Group By button in File Explorer and all of my photos are in different order. I've tried every single button grouping by Name, Time and even None anyhow all the photos aren't in the same...
  4. adding picture folders to the Photo app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    adding picture folders to the Photo app: I have a few thousand pictures on my laptop that are in 75 folders under the Pictures folder. I want to copy/move all to the Photos app. and have the individual folders become albums in Photos. How can I accomplish this without loading 75 different folders?...
  5. Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 deleting Photos app, loss of pictures: Tired of the ***** "automatic album", the impossibility to watch the album i create like regular photos and not as a stupid presentation, despered for not easily copy all the pictures on my external device, so i can finally manged my pics as i ***** want, i delete the *****...
  6. Windows 10 Photo app versus Pictures folder

Windows 10 Photo app versus Pictures folder: When I transfer photos from my iPhone 8 to my PC, they show up in the Photos app as well as the Picture folder. Are these two separate storage areas taking up twice as much memory, or are they related?...
  7. Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...

Windows 10 photos found in Photos app, but not in Pictures or OneDrive folder. Where are...: Hey, so I just imported a bunch of pictures onto my computer through the Windows 10 Photos app and when I go into the Pictures folder, all of those new photos are located there. So there's no problem with the newly imported photos. Where the issue is, is with a bunch of...
  8. Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App: Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer. I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses...
  9. Can't convince Photos app to use local pictures file...

Can't convince Photos app to use local pictures file...: Well, it looks like I've met a Windows app that is even more stubborn than I am. I have been completely unsuccessful in getting Windows 10 Photos to find any files in any folder other than the OneDrive folder. I've seen a ton of posts with the same issue but have yet to find...
  10. Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Apparent File Corruption (?) of Photos in File Explorer and Photos: I'm not sure if it's a graphics card issue, but I just noticed this. Only had this computer just over a week now. Something appeared to corrupt the files in photos when viewing them in Explorer and Photos. I copied/saved an example to illustrate what I mean but the odd...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pictures in photo app but not in windows explorer

2. file explorer and photo gallery