Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SarahHogan1, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

Hi there

I am trying to incorporate my older File Explorer Picture Files into albums on the Windows 10 App. Essentially I want to copy the individual folders onto the Photo App but I haven't been able to do this. I've gone to the Import tab and select the folder but it just says (what I already have) Add Folder to Pictures. It isn't copying or transferring over to an album in the App. Please could somebody help?

Thanks

:)

SarahHogan1, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 10, 2019
  3. File Explorer Crashes and unable to access Photo App

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while accessing the photos from Photo App, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to copy the photos files to a different location and try to upload it as a profile picture on Outlook account and check if you are able to do it.

If the issue still persist, suggest you to troubleshoot the Photo App.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Windows Store Apps.
    • Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue persists then follow the below method:

Method 2: I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app
    using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
    • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Martmcd Win User

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

How do I save/transfer pictures in photos with Windows 10, onto flashdrive/thumbdrive

close the photo app

open file explorer

click on pictures

then try the steps suggested by Arul_D

Martmcd, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures

1. Windows 10 Photo App and File Explorer Pictures - Similar Threads - Photo App File

2. pictures and file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pictures and file explorer: I am having a problem when I view photo's I have in a folder in file explorer. When I open the folder I can see 15 photos. When I open a photo it only will show 3 photos below that I can advance to. Why cant I see all 15 photos in the strip below and advance to each one?...
  3. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  4. photos app and pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app and pictures: Why is it that the photos app duplicates photos into the pictures files? who needs that? The problem is that you cannot move photos to the pictures file or make new folders or choose where you want your pictures to go as it used to be. And why in the world are there two...
  5. Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pictures in File Explorer: I used to see little thumbnail images of the pictures in my folders. But now all I get is a whole lot of little squares with two mountains and a moon. How do I get the little thumbnails back?...
  6. How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer

How to add Microsoft "Photos" not Pictures to file explorer: MIcrosoft "Photos" not Pictures does not appear in file explorer since I updated to Edge. It used to appear in Explorer. I can't upload pictures to e-Bay or other sites. How do I add Photos to the directory in File Explorer?...
  7. Photos App Speedup ; File Explorer Indexing ; Windows 10

Photos App Speedup ; File Explorer Indexing ; Windows 10: Because Microsoft Photos App Image Viewer will open images sorted by "height" I am using it to evaluate many thousands of .jpg and .png image files as to whether I want to keep them or delete them. Normally I would "tag" the files I want to keep then delete the other,...
  8. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....
  9. Photos app, and or file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos app, and or file explorer: This drive me crazy and I have always been pretty good with the computer. This one has me beat though. If I take a photo at 7:59 pm and another one at 8:01pm they will go to different folders on my PC. The one from 7:59 will go to a folder created with that days date. For...
  10. Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App

Pictured Are Blurry in Windows 10 Photos App: Anyone else finding that pictures in the Windows 10 Photos App are blurry? The same pictures are perfect in the Windows Photo Viewer. I'm not sure how to demo it as I don't know how it's going to display on your screen and I'm not sure whether TenForums compresses...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. owindows 10pen photos in file explorer

2. pictures in photo app but not in windows explorer

3. How tomove photos from Photo app to File Explorer

4. file explorer and photo gallery