Windows 10: Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Discus and support Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lozza47au, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Lozza47au Win User

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

We have 2 individual computers both running Windows 10, and both of these computers have had clean installs of Windows within the previous 6 weeks. Up until yesterday both of these computers have worked perfectly with the Photo App - Photos on both computers are held on 1TB hard drives dedicated to photos, music, word docs etc, in other words completely separate from the "C" drive.

Photos are in the folder "My Pictures" and are in sub-folders according to date or other criteria. Normally I would open a folder, double click any photo then use either the keyboard arrow keys, the scroll wheel on the mouse or use the mouse to click on the Next/Previous arrow to the left or right of the photo and I could view the next (or previous) photo and this is how it has always worked on both the computers until yesterday.

On one computer the photo app still works as described above, however on the other computer something has gone haywire. If I go into the photos on that computer, open a folder as per normal, select a photo then firstly the next/previous arrows are not there, the scroll wheel does not work and neither do the keyboard arrow keys. You can select all the photos in the folder, click enter, then the keyboard arrows work, but nothing else does. If I select an individual photo then go to settings - the 3 little dots on the extreme upper right, then scroll down there is an option to select the scroll wheel to be either used as a zoom function or advance photo function. If the Zoom function is selected it works as it should, however if the other function is selected nothing happens.

Interestingly, the computer has a backup using SyncBack to a 2TB WD external HDD and if I go into the backup (which is set as mirror image) and open the My Pictures folder in the backup, then open any other sub folder, and select a photo, all the functionality of the keyboard, mouse and next/previous arrows are there, but only on the backup.

Anyone have any ideas/suggestions?

:)

Lozza47au, Feb 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Photos app. Arrow keys only scroll one image over

In my photos app when I open an image I can advance to the next one by pressing right-arrow, or to the previous be pressing left-arrow, but ONLY ONCE. after I've pressed right once pressing it again does nothing, I can then press left to go back but not
    to before the first image. Essentially photos won't scroll through more than 2 pictures with the arrow keys.

However clicking the on screen arrows with the mouse has no issue scrolling farther.

alexanderkibbe, Feb 13, 2019
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

Photos App arrow keys not working

I'm using an ASUS K501UW with Windows 10 installed with all the latest updates.

I have a habit of using my arrow keys to navigate through my pictures in the Microsoft Photos App. A few days ago, the arrow keys suddenly stopped working. It seems to be a glitch because I am able to go ahead for one
    or two pictures using the arrow keys but it gets stuck on the next. I am able to click on the Next button using my mouse to go ahead but I would really prefer using the arrow keys.

Please help?

sai.chandra, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work

1. Windows 10 - Photo App - Arrow Keys, Mouse Scroll wheel & Next/Previous arrows do not work - Similar Threads - Photo App Arrow

2. Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Next or Previous arrows missing in the Photos App of Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]This post features different solutions to try if Next or Previous arrows are missing in the Photos App. The latest Windows OS comes with a complete revamp and a new photo viewing application called Microsoft Photos. It is a great upgrade over its predecessor and...
  3. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  4. No next/previous arrows in Photos App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No next/previous arrows in Photos App: Since updating to Windows 11 the Photos app is no longer letting me arrow through my photos in a folder. They just aren't there anymore. Not on the photo or using the keyboard. It is very frustrating to open the photos individually....
  5. Arrow keys not scrolling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys not scrolling: I know what you're thinking turn scroll-lock off it is I think I hit a button combination or something but when I do down or up arrow it does not scroll but picks individual things like when I try to scroll through google it just goes to each link....
  6. Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos not scrolling with arrow keys/no arrow buttons on sides: So i've seen this question posted a bunch on subreddits and even the official microsoft help pages and the answer is always just "lol use another app". This was literally working fine for me yesterday. submitted by /u/shmimshmam [link] [comments]...
  7. No arrow to advance to next photo

No arrow to advance to next photo: Hi, There is no arrow to advance to the next photo in a folder. The arrows were there a week ago. Now I have to close the present photo and open the next. That is very tedious and time consuming. I have tried to reset and remove the app. That hat worked either. Does anyone...
  8. scroll arrows not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    scroll arrows not working: My scroll arrows do not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scroll-arrows-not-working/4678ac9a-baa0-4d16-93e8-34abbd7c06bb
  9. Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.

Photos app next / previous arrows not showing up.: I'm not getting any previous / next arrows in the Photos app when opening a photo within a folder full of photos. The folders have only images in them. The folder optimization is set to "Pictures". Still no arrows in the Photos preview. These folders are linked to my...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows

Windows Photo Viewer next/previous arrows: Hey all, I switched to Windows 10 a few weeks ago and have been trying to find a solution to a problem with the Windows Photo Viewer. If I open a folder full of my photos, I am unable to advance to the next or previous pictures using the arrow keys on either side of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scroll arrow in photos on desktop

2. loss of next and revious arrows in photos in windows 10

3. no next or previous arrows in windows 10 viewer

4. windows 10 photo viewer no longer has scroll arrows