Windows 10: Windows 10 photo app black screen

Discus and support Windows 10 photo app black screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I open a photo from windows explorer, exit out and open another photo. Do this around 3-10 times, the next time the app opens will be a black... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KK-Chocobo, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 photo app black screen

If I open a photo from windows explorer, exit out and open another photo. Do this around 3-10 times, the next time the app opens will be a black screen. I'd have to click the x, wait a few seconds before I can open another photo up again. Then the cycle repeats.

Is this happening to everyone? Is it some kinda update that's causing it or did I do something wrong on my pc?

submitted by /u/KK-Chocobo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KK-Chocobo, Aug 5, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 5, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Windows 10 photo app black screen

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 photo app black screen

1. Windows 10 photo app black screen - Similar Threads - photo app black

2. Pictures turning black in Photos app of Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Pictures turning black in Photos app of Windows 11/10: [IMG]If your pictures are turning black in the Windows Photos app after opening, these solutions will help you fix the issue. Whether it is happening with JPEG, PNG, or any other format, you can follow these suggestions to troubleshoot the issue. Pictures turning black in...
  3. Photos App opens with black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App opens with black screen: Good day I am experiencing a problem where the Windows 10 photos application is opening black images and this started a couple of weeks ago. The files can be opened on a different machine and I can also open the files using IrfanView on the same PC Dell Vostro 3500 with...
  4. Photos app and Video Editor app are not working. (Issue - When I open the apps black screen...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Photos app and Video Editor app are not working. (Issue - When I open the apps black screen...: [ATTACH] This issue started randomly about 5 days ago. I tried to fix but could not find a solution. So I using ASUS Recovery on my laptop I reset my laptop. The Photos app worked and then after updating Windows and Microsoft Store apps it stopped working. So I reset...
  5. Photos App opens with blank / black screen

Photos App opens with blank / black screen: Photos App open with blank / black screen. Just started recently and is sporadic. I have re-installed, still does it, and it is sporadic .. not clear if its associated w/ file size, type, or whatever. The app open with a black screen I have dark mode on. I have to close and...
  6. Microsoft Photo's crashing/black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photo's crashing/black screen: As of the last several days Microsoft Photo's app has randomly crashed upon open. I can use it to open and view dozens of photos, and randomly it will fail and crash. I go to open a photo and I get a black screen for a minute or two, and then it crashes. I have tried to...
  7. Photos - black screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos - black screen: Photos opens as black screen, uninstall option grayed out. Tried repair ;and troubleshooter just tired loading for a couple of hours. It is not listed in store apps. Has it been discontinued? is there a replacement. If I open a photo, that opens the app and I have imported...
  8. MP4 Files playing as black screen in Microsoft Photos App

MP4 Files playing as black screen in Microsoft Photos App: Simply as the title describes. Is there a way to fix this? I need it for my YT... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-files-playing-as-black-screen-in-microsoft/a17e0f7f-0b0d-44ec-baeb-e78cbf84fc4c
  9. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App: I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of "Save a Copy" because I don't want to have to go back later and delete the originals. After hitting "Save" for a couple of...
  10. Shared Photos on Windows 10 Photos app

Shared Photos on Windows 10 Photos app: I recently edited a photo on Windows 10 Photos app on my home computer and pressed the save button. Before I could react the image was automatically shared something I did not wish to do. I saw from the drop down window that 1 photo had been shared but I have no idea where or...