Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Windows Support,I'm producing videos using the video editor within the Windows 10 Photos App. The Photos app is duplicating each video used onto my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TomHumphreys1191, May 19, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

Hi Windows Support,I'm producing videos using the video editor within the Windows 10 Photos App. The Photos app is duplicating each video used onto my C: Drive, eating up space for what appears to be an arbitrary reason. How can I make the Photos app stop duplicating video files and instead just use the originals, please?Alternatively, can I make the Photos app 'cache' or duplicate these videos at a custom location, such as my T: Drive?Just to reiterate, I am using the video editor within the default/pre-installed Windows Photos app on Windows 10 - not some other application.Thanks in adv

:)

TomHumphreys1191, May 19, 2021

2. Photo app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to edit a video file in Photos App.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the Photos App installed on the PC
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the file format of the video?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I
      key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on
      Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    1. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and
      check.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Also refer this article: Edit photos and videos in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 19, 2021
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, May 19, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

editing video in windows 10 photo app

Thanks for the information.

If the issue happened after installing the Polarr Pro, we suggest that you uninstall the app first and check if the photo app will work.

To uninstall a program in Windows 10, follow these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Look for Programs and Features.
    • Right-click Polarr Pro.
    • Click Uninstall.

Get back to us with the result.

Ronalene Mat, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production

1. Windows 10 Photo App duplicating videos during production - Similar Threads - Photo App duplicating

2. Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor: I recently purchased a laptop with the latest version of Windows 10, it is version 2004. The latest update must have removed the hidden video editor from the Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? It now only allows you to trim, draw, slow it down. I literally went to...
  3. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor: We are using the photo app to edit video clips. The voices sound like chipmunks, help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-video-editor/6e556721-efdc-4689-a559-528c99229dca
  4. Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10

Duplicate photos in photos app and Pictures files windows 10: Oct 2019 An ongoing problem with windows 10 photo app and "Pictures" files: duplicate photos I have not asked for. For example, I just imported photos from my iPhone and I have SEVEN (7) copies of each photo. The duplicates are in the pictures file, and in the photos app....
  5. Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate Photo/video Details are Confusing in Windows Explorer on Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to download photos from my phone (samsung s8) to my pc and am getting some confusing results on the 'replace or skip' popup menu. Some of the pictures are already on my pc .. as i just tend to select a bunch of photos from my phone to overlap from the last...
  6. a PC Photo Duplicate APP

a PC Photo Duplicate APP: Has anyone found a PHOTO DUPLICATE APP for (Windows) PC...that works? I had found a great one 2 years ago. It is no longer available. Thank you. I have 100,000+ photos and can NOT find any Programs/Apps that locates Dupes. Thank you! n Nashville...
  7. Photos App Duplications

Photos App Duplications: Photos App. How do I stop Photos from duplicating. I don't understand why it does it. Am I hitting some key I'm not aware of to cause 2,3,or 4 duplicates (copy) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-duplications/70619657-4ad8-4012-b37e-b5992dfa6e84
  8. Photo App creating duplicates

Photo App creating duplicates: When I import photos into Windows 10 from my phone each picture is shown as duplicated in the app. If I open file explorer there is only one picture in the original folder. I do not understand why it shows two of everything in the photo app. Is anyone else experiencing this...
  9. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?

How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app?: Hi. How do I duplicate a video project made with Windows 10 photos app? There's no mechanism to copy and paste a project. Where is the project file stored? Backing up to onedrive just stores a copy of the video clip within the project, not the actual project itself so...
  10. Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos

Windows Photo app keeps importing duplicate photos: I'm new to Windows 10 so maybe this is easy, but I can't find an answer to my question. I've already uploaded photos from my camera to my new laptop. Since the last upload, I've taken more pictures and went to upload the new ones today. However, the Photos app 'Refresh'...