Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App Freezing

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App Freezing in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Why does the windows 10 photo app freeze with the i-Phone? It used to work ok but about 2 or 3 months it started freezing.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by ParaBellum556, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Photo App Freezing

Why does the windows 10 photo app freeze with the i-Phone? It used to work ok but about 2 or 3 months it started freezing.

:)

ParaBellum556, Feb 2, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 2, 2020
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Photo App Freezing

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App Freezing

1. Windows 10 Photo App Freezing - Similar Threads - Photo App Freezing

2. Freezing video in Photo App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezing video in Photo App: I have created a video in the Photo App using photos & short videos adding sounds, narration & music, It freezes in a particular spot when playing and only gets halfway through and then freezes when I try to export it. What can be the problem? The computer is only 4 months...
  3. Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor

Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor: I use the built-in Windows 10 video editor in the Photos app, and I quite like it, but I have one problem... On practically every video I export, it always has around a minute of the video completely frozen from a random part of the video. I also notice that it normally...
  4. Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Photo App Freezing Sometimes HELP: For some reason, when I use Window's Photos App, it works like normal, opening and viewing pictures I look at from my Windows Explorer. However, sometimes when I open a picture Sometimes the same picture it will instead show nothing in the window. It's just a blank screen...
  5. photo app - continuous freezes

photo app - continuous freezes: I have used the Photo app for years, and all of a sudden when I try to import photo's, the programs freezes and/or crashes. I've tried to use the "repair" tool and restart; but that doesn't help. I don't want to uninstall and re-install as I feel I will lose all the...
  6. Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App

Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App: Has anyone found a solution to Freezing when Importing photos from Iphone using Window 10 Photos App please? I've read various threads and hundreds of people have posted the same problem with neither MS or Apple accepting responsibility or offering a solution. All...
  7. Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import

Photos App Freeze during IPhone Photo Import: Every time I attempt to import photos from IPhone X with Windows Photos App, it begins the "Looking for new photos and videos" screen, reaches the total number of photos and videos, then freezes. I have current version of windows, current version of IPhone software, the app...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes

Windows 10 Photo App Freezes and then crashes: I'm trying to import all the pictures and videos in my phone to my laptop, first I imported the media with the option "Transfer pictures" selected in my phone, but when it finished importing the pictures I noticed that there where a lot of them missing. So then I tried...
  9. MS Photos app freezing while searching for new photos

MS Photos app freezing while searching for new photos: I am attempting to move files from my iPhone X to my Windows 10 laptop via the Photos app. I have done this numerous times in the past including recently. I plugged in my phone via USB cable, the photos app opens and begins searching for new photos and videos, it finds what...
  10. Shared Photos on Windows 10 Photos app

Shared Photos on Windows 10 Photos app: I recently edited a photo on Windows 10 Photos app on my home computer and pressed the save button. Before I could react the image was automatically shared something I did not wish to do. I saw from the drop down window that 1 photo had been shared but I have no idea where or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does photo program freeze while importing

2. freezing when importing photos

3. microsoft photos hangs on import