Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep all my photos on a network drive and have added the photo folder to the Photos app under sources. However, none of those photos appear under... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenLopez, Dec 4, 2019.

1. KenLopez Win User

Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear

I keep all my photos on a network drive and have added the photo folder to the Photos app under sources.
    However, none of those photos appear under the Collection tab in Photos. When I click on the Folders tab, I can see the folder I added under sources and when I click on that folder, I can see the many subfolders. When I open a subfolder, I get a message 'no readable photos, videos or folders found'.

When I go that that subfolder in Windows explorer, I can see the photos and open them using Photos.

I added a photo from the subfolder to a new album and now that album and photo appears in Photos!

Why isn't Photos loading the pictures from my additional folder automatically?

:)

KenLopez, Dec 4, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear

I keep all my photos on a separate drive and not in the standard location due to the increasing amount of photos that I am accumulating.

I added a new source to the windows 10 photo app under the settings pointing to the location of the photos on the other drive.

However my images do not appear to show up with in the photo app.

My images do not appear in the collection or as new albums?

There appears to be no way of getting them to show?

Ken Ismail, Dec 4, 2019
  4. cheeesus Win User

How to bring back Photo Viewer in Windows 10?

Unfortunately, none of the above answers worked for me, but they pointed me in the right direction.

1. Right-click on an image in Windows Explorer, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    2. In the dialog, scroll down and click on More apps, then `Look for another app on this PC.
    3. Then, at the bottom right, choose All Files (*.*) instead of Programs (*.exe ...), then navigate to C:\Program Files\Windows Photo Viewer and choose PhotoViewer.dll.
    4. Photo Viewer opens. Close it.
    5. Repeat Step 1: Right-click again on the image, choose Open With, then Choose another app.
    6. Again scroll down to click on More apps.
    7. Now Windows Photo Viewer appears in the apps list. Choose it and click on Always use this app to open .png files.

Once you did steps 1-4, you don't have to repeat them for other file types. Steps 5-7 should suffice.

cheeesus, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photo App Images do not appear - Similar Threads - Photo App Images

2. Photo app not picking image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app not picking image: All of the image in my photo app shows black. When I take a picture for example in my camera it shows black in photo app even when I try to upload some photos using my phone or other device it is still black. I checked on settings maybe I need to configure something but there...
  3. Photo app not picking image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app not picking image: All of the image in my photo app shows black. When I take a picture for example in my camera it shows black in photo app even when I try to upload some photos using my phone or other device it is still black. I checked on settings maybe I need to configure something but there...
  4. Icons appear in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  5. Icons appear in photos app

Icons appear in photos app: In my photos app all the icons .ico files are appearing thus cluttering the experience. How to configure the app so that it does not show the icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appear-in-photos-app/0ce6baee-85c9-4d5d-9f29-c41e266b152f
  6. Does Windows 10 Photos App copy an image?

Does Windows 10 Photos App copy an image?: Does the Photos App copy an image it "finds" when a folder is added for the app to look for images? IOW, when it finds an image in a sub folder, does is make a copy of that image into another folder its own? I am still looking for a suitable alternative to Picasa. With...
  7. Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app

Thousands of images in my Windows 10 photo app: For some reason, thousands of random images have appeared in my Windows 10 photo app that came installed on my HP computer. The computer is three years old but images have started popping up recently. HP Friend subscription service tells me its a Microsoft synching error...
  8. Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Photos app opens blurry images in Windows 10: [ATTACH] Although the Photos app in Windows 10 is a smooth and useful application, some users have reported that when they use the Photos app to open images, it displays blurry images even when the images are of high resolution and [...] This post Photos app opens blurry...
  9. Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Crop Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from all...
  10. Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app: How to: Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app How to Resize Image in Windows 10 Photos app The Photos app included in Windows 10 is a universal app that allows you to enjoy, organize, edit, and share all your digital memories. It brings together photos and videos from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no readable photos found windows 10

2. windows photos no readable photos