Windows 10: windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up

Discus and support windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scottfactor, Oct 17, 2018.

1. windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up

Ever since the most recent update (10-16-18), I am noticing that the Photo App, particularly the "People" function is all screwed up. I do NOT see images anymore above the names of each person. Plus, some of the people who I had previously Named are now showing up as "Add Name". What gives?

:)

scottfactor, Oct 17, 2018
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Ruz San Win User
    Re-install Windows 10 Photo Edit app "Warm" Function

Hi,

To better understand your concern about the app in Windows 10, please answer the following:

• Are you pertaining to the Photos app?
    • Did you lose the function after updating the app?
    If you lost the function after an update was installed on your computer, you can try the steps on this

page
    to restore from a system restore point. Doing this will revert your computer's state to when you haven't updated the system.

We also suggest you provide a feedback or suggestion
    here
    for Microsoft to look into your opinion about our products.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Ruz San, Oct 17, 2018
  4. windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up

1. windows 10 Photo App - "People" function all screwed up - Similar Threads - Photo App function

2. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  3. Windows 10 Photo App - People tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App - People tab: I love the People Tab on the photo app, however when I tag each group with the name of the person, it won't stay. It does for a while and then It forgets it. Don't know the time frame, it's retained because I don't look at it frequently. Anybody have an answer?...
  4. Photos app not recognizing people

Photos app not recognizing people: I've been trying the new photos people face recognition app and it seems quite inconsistent/ One time it works OK and now it doesn't work at all. I've had it running for several days and its not collected a single face. I've tried turning it on and off, uninstalling and...
  5. Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.

Tagging people with the photos app for windows 10.: Is there any way to get help with people tagging in Photos. Many suggestions to click on the top right on a photo and then on the face you want to tag. NOTHING HAPPENS. I think I have everything turned on. I have a couple hundred people shown on my people tab. Most...
  6. Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Photos App - People folder not showing all tags: Can you advise if there is a way for the People page to display people that are in less than 3 photos? Currently I will only see a person if they are tagged in at least 3 photos....
  7. Windows Activation All Screwed Up

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation All Screwed Up: I am using my Acer Aspire R7 Laptop that I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 Home many moons ago during the early adopter free upgrade program. I recently replaced the HD and after reinstalling Windows 10 Home I needed to upgrade to Pro so I can test some Docker stuff. I purchased...
  8. Photo App People tagging for family growing up

Photo App People tagging for family growing up: I have more than 5000 photos of my family and want to create an album for each of my adult kids using Microsoft Photo App. It only tags faces on about 10% of the photos of them as adults, and none of them as kids growing up. I can't go through them one by one since this...
  9. screwed up app

screwed up app: I put on an instructional dvd after purchasing windows dvd player and the left half of the dvd is fine but the right half is sideways. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screwed-up-app/d23a54d7-9a06-49aa-8cc6-99ebdc05c1c4
  10. Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.

Most but not all photo programs show images all screwed up.: I've been having problems with my photo programs. They've been loading slowly and crashing, and lately most of them show screwed up versions of my images. In the attached screenshots, the IrfanView thumbnails are accurate, but the Aftershot Pro 3 and Photoshop Elements 13...