Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, how do I sort my photo's alphabetically in the MS Win 10 Photo App ( MS Photos 2019.19071.17920.0 ) The folders allow sorting by Oldest and Newest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KevinDavies5, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name

Hi, how do I sort my photo's alphabetically in the MS Win 10 Photo App ( MS Photos 2019.19071.17920.0 )

The folders allow sorting by Oldest and Newest only.

I have hundreds of photos in several folders that I want sorting and viewing by title ( file name )

On my old laptop I used Windows Essential 2000 photos which was a brilliant program allowing me to Sort, Rename and Edit photos in a multitude of ways.Why can't I do this on Win 10 Photo App ??

Please bring back Win Essentials !!

Kevin

:)

KevinDavies5, Oct 8, 2019

2. Custom sorting of photos in files and for viewing

Particularly on our trips overseas, my wife and I at various times take photos on our two phones and on my camera. Unfortunately, despite my efforts at synchronising the time across these devices, it never quite works. When I download all the photos into
    the file I create of our trip, some
    photos are out of actual sequence when sorted by Date, Date Taken or by Name. This means that when I view them on the Windows 10 Photo app, there are a number of annoying photos out of place. I would like to first sort the photos by Date and then apply a custom
    sort by drag and drop to organise them in actual sequence.

I would be grateful for a solution to this (by the way, I do not like the why the Photo apps tries to organise the photos for me).

Nick from Melbourne, Oct 8, 2019
  3. How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Thanks for your response, but that doesn't seem to do anything in the Photos app I am running under Windows 10.

You mentioned Photo Gallery so I think you may be talking about a different application than the one I am using..

John

JohnFig_48, Oct 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name

How to sort photos in Windows essentials photo gallery.

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to sort your pictures in the way you want them. Kindly take note that the only options to sort your photos in Photo Gallery are the following:

• Date taken
    • Date modified
    • File size
    • Image size
    • Rating
    • Caption
    • File name
    Also I suggest follow the below steps.

Press ALT + W + K, one after other & check if the photos are shown in the order they were taken.

I hope this helps.

Thanks & regards.

Mohammed Ali.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name

1. Windows 10 Photo App . Sorting and viewing photo's by file name - Similar Threads - Photo App Sorting

2. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  3. Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 user cannot use Photos app to view photo files: Opening photo files .png and .jpg originally defaulted to Paint however after uninstalling Paint, photos now default to another piece of photo editing software. I have been into properties of the photo files and into default apps in settings however there is no option on this...
  4. Photos app not sorting photos properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app not sorting photos properly: My photos app seems to have a lot of trouble sorting RAWNikon NEF photos correctly by date taken. The files RAW & JPEG are all imported into folders by date taken, however when viewing them in the app, they are all over the place. The RAW files are not matched up with their...
  5. Photos app not sorting photos properly

Photos app not sorting photos properly: My photos app seems to have a lot of trouble sorting RAWNikon NEF photos correctly by date taken. The files RAW & JPEG are all imported into folders by date taken, however when viewing them in the app, they are all over the place. The RAW files are not matched up with their...
  6. sorting photos in windows 10

sorting photos in windows 10: can I sort and move photos inside a folder? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-photos-in-windows-10/e731bd12-0a70-430d-888a-6ae705a67039
  7. Windows 10 app named Photos

Windows 10 app named Photos: How does one transfer photos from the Photo App. in Windows 10 to a CD or flash drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-app-named-photos/68e8f392-2ff2-403c-88dc-9ce8a43684d4
  8. Photo viewing app

Photo viewing app: There is a new windows Photos app that should be part of the standard set of apps with the install. Paint3D can be used to edit images but the photos app should still be there 115150
  9. Sorting photos

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sorting photos: I have just taken delivery of a new W10 pc and would appreciate advice on sorting my photos. In XP I could download a cameraful of photos and, without having to change their titles, I could click and drag them into any order, not just one dictated by Microsoft. For instance...
  10. Cannot view photos in photo app

Cannot view photos in photo app: I opened my picture library and double clicked to view photo, photo App opens and shuts immediately and then displays an error message. This happens with all photos/pictures I have tried to open! [img] How can I view my photos/pictures in Windows 10? *Sick Just to...