Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey. I have a iPhone XS and never had a problem with the Windows Photo app. I plug in my phone and new pictures that are on my phone are popping up on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheOnlyEn, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically

Hey.

I have a iPhone XS and never had a problem with the Windows Photo app. I plug in my phone and new pictures that are on my phone are popping up on the album/photo app. But suddelny now the app have stopped importing automatically. I need to import it by myself... any clues why this have happended and how to fix it?

submitted by /u/TheOnlyEn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheOnlyEn, Jul 4, 2020

2. Windows 10 photos won't import

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you were able to import photos the first time you tried it, we suggest that you download and run the
    Windows app troubleshooter and check if it resolves the issue. This troubleshooter will scan your PC and attempt to automatically fix issues with the Windows store apps.

If the Photo app still isn't working, try to reset it by following these steps:

• In the Search box, type Settings.
    • From the results, click on Settings to run the app.
    • Tap System and select Apps & features.
    • Click on the Photos app and hit Advanced options.
    • Press Reset.

You may also want to check if you have permissions to the folder to which you are importing the photos. Here are the steps to give permissions to the folder:

• Right-click on the Pictures folder, in the File Explorer, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Security tab, click on HomeUsers
      under Group or Username.
    • Choose Full Control under Permissions for System
    • Repeat steps 2 & 3 for Administrators under Group
      or Username.
    Restart your PC and try importing the photos again.

Additionally, you may want to read Andre Da Costa's Forum article using the link below for more info:

Complete Guide to Importing Your Photos in Windows 10.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Jul 4, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    "import" doesn't show up in Photos

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to import photos in the Photos App from your iPhone. Please let us know the details:

• Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • Were you able to import the photos earlier?

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article
    Import photos and videos from phone to PC
    and

Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
    to import photos to your PC.

However, as you have mentioned that the app closes automatically, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    and see if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically

Windows 10 Photos - Importing from iPhone no longer sees previously imported photos.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The Photos app in Windows 10 usually is able to distinguish the new photos and duplicates. This concern could be caused by incorrect settings or corrupted files. Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Reset Microsoft Store.

I would suggest you to reset Microsoft Store initially, and sign in to Store and check for latest updates related to Store. After installing the latest updates, you may try to import pictures.

Step 2: Uninstall Photos app via PowerShell and then install it.

If the Photos app causes an error, you can repair it using PowerShell.

• Click Start, type powershell, right-click Windows Powershell and choose
      Run as Administrator.

• Execute the following command and press
      Enter: Get-AppxPackage -allusers Microsoft.Windows.Photos | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

After uninstalling the Photos app, you may go to Store and re-install the application.

Additional Information: You may also go through the article provided by
    Andre Da Costa on importing your
    Photos in Windows 10

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically

1. Windows 10 Photo App stopped importing automatically - Similar Threads - Photo App stopped

2. The Windows 10 built-in Photo App used to automatically import photos into folders...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Windows 10 built-in Photo App used to automatically import photos into folders...: [Note: I’m not a Windows user myself; this question is being asked on behalf of my dad] My dad uses a Canon digital PowerShot camera for work (it’s about 10 years old) and up until about a week or two ago, was apparently able to import photos via the built-in Photo app on...
  3. windows 10 photos stopped importing from iphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 photos stopped importing from iphone: windows 10 photos stopped importing since mid April 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photos-stopped-importing-from-iphone/62a8b441-4cb8-4aac-b92d-4abefe40fb18
  4. cannot import photos with the windows photos app

cannot import photos with the windows photos app: hello, so the photos app earlier used to work fine. now it fails to import photos 1) the pc does not recognise my apple iphone instantly,(new one has this problem too, so i can confirm it is not just because of the iphone) but rather takes time to recognise it's folders....
  5. Photos app not importing

Photos app not importing: Ive used the photos app in the past and its worked all the time. Now whenever i try to import photos from my iphone and ipad it says “something went wrong”. It does not have an error code. i have tried changing the port that the cable is in, ive changed the cables, ive...
  6. Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos

Windows 10 Photos app lost imported photos: Hello, I just recently used the Photos app to import a bunch of raw photos from a DSLR which I was going to use for a project. After the import was complete, I formatted the memory card on my camera to save space. However, when I go to the photos app now, I cannot find...
  7. Windows 10 photo app import fails

Windows 10 photo app import fails: My Surface laptop was a victim of one of the recent MS updates for Windows 10. As a result I had to take my 256gb iPad Pro with me on holiday. One of the key reason was to ask as the repository for pictures taken on holiday. I'm home now and I have ~240TB of RAW images and...
  8. Windows 10 photo app import fails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo app import fails: My Surface laptop was a victim of one of the recent MS updates for Windows 10. As a result I had to take my 256gb iPad Pro with me on holiday. One of the key reason was to ask as the repository for pictures taken on holiday. I'm home now and I have ~240TB of RAW images and...
  9. Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?

Why does Microsoft Photos App stop importing photos?: I have read many posts about problems importing into the Photos App in Windows 10, but none of the answers work for me and my problem seems different (kind of). I have a Dell 9020 computer with a quad Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB of RAM (not that this should make any...
  10. Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?

Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?: Windows 10 automatically synced all my iPhone photos onto the Photos Program on my Computer when connected through USB. I would like to delete/clear out some photos. If I delete photos on my iPhone will they also automatically delete on the imported Photos file or do I have...