Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 domain joined computers new and old computers on a server 2016 standard domain. Started off with one computers photo app not working. You... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesGustafson2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers

Windows 10 domain joined computers new and old computers on a server 2016 standard domain. Started off with one computers photo app not working. You can't open photos with this app. You can open photos in paint but not Windows Photo Viewer. I tried resetting, repairing the app will not work. Then this problem started to spread to other computer on the network. Now non of the computer on Windows 10 will open Windows Photo Viewer. You can try to open just the app it will open up for a bit as a black screen and then close down. You can try to open a photo and it does the same thing. I change the default app to paint to temporarily fix this issue. I have moved the My documents on each computer to a file server. Any case I seen an post that this was an update that caused the issue. Any help would be great!

:)

JamesGustafson2, Oct 18, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 18, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers

1. Windows 10 Photo app will not work on all my windows 10 computers - Similar Threads - Photo app computers

2. Windows 10 Photos app not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Photos app not working: Can anyone help me in solving issue of Photos App of Windows 10. Windows 10 Photos app is not working at my end. Need permanent solution, Thanks in advance....
  3. Photo app is not working in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo app is not working in windows 10: I am not able to transfer photos in photo app help me to fix this issue I want my photos in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-is-not-working-in-windows-10/40fd6389-4571-4204-912e-5d762a8111ed
  4. Windows 10 Photo App not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photo App not working: When I try to open the Photos app in Windows 10 1909, it closes immediately and the following event gets logged in the System log not the Applications log. The DCOM server could not be started. Error code 2147942405 = ‭0x80070005‬, which I understand is a permissions...
  5. Windows 10 Photo app, all Windows 10 apps won't open anymore!

Windows 10 Photo app, all Windows 10 apps won't open anymore!: Greetings & HELP! The other day I was using my Windows 10 Home Laptop as usual. Out of nowhere, it told me there was a Weird Named "Unknown Problem" & my PC would have to Restart. That does happen about once a week but most likely because way back on Haloween, about 3 months...
  6. Photos app in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app in windows 10 not working: The photo app has stopped working. I've tried "repair" from the settings menu but it didn't help. I'm afraid to try the "reset" because this message appears: "This will permanently delete the app's data on this device, including your preference and sign-in data." Sounds like...
  7. Windows 10 photo app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app not working: hi, I can't open my photos in Windows 10 photo App. done below step to fix it. reset app. repair app. run SFC command. remove Photo app using PowerShell install the app from the store run troubleshooter for app store. none of them resolves my issue Does anyone have...
  8. Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app

Select All / None - in Windows 10 Photos app: Hi there, unluckily this post is locked for new replies, so I'm asking the question again: Is it still impossible in the windows photos app to select all pictures in the current view / search results? [IMG] I used the face recognition - which is a great feature - an...
  9. Photo app not working on Windows 10

Photo app not working on Windows 10: Recently I have not been able to open any photo using the Photo App. The black screen opens, then a sound and a warning "file system error (-2147219196). I have tried the troubleshooter, the repair and the reset. Still the same... Help! Thanks! Sylvie...
  10. Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.

Windows 10 Photos App doesn't open at all.: Hello, I am having a strange problem with Photos app on my windows 10. Let's say I click the Photos app icon, nothing happens, doesn't even through any error. I followed many threads to try to fix it with no success. You're assistance will be a great help. Thank...