Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home. I have photos that I have downloaded to my pc from a SD card. Microsoft photo app is the program I have. When I open the photo,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bonnieschmidt, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

I have Windows 10 Home. I have photos that I have downloaded to my pc from a SD card. Microsoft photo app is the program I have. When I open the photo, it flashes a picture of the complete photo, then automatically changes it to only part of the photo. I have tried this on my pc and my laptop both with the same program and get the same results. If I try to edit the photo, it gives me the full photo. I can also click on save a copy and get the full photo. How can I get it to open the full photo automatically?

:)

bonnieschmidt, Oct 6, 2022
  2. tarn_55 Win User

photo app in windows 10 wont load

my photo app wont open, and I cant uninstall it for it does not come up in the apps list in the settings. But it is in the all apps list.

When I have tried to reinstall it from playstore it says already installed. But wont open, and the new Twinui default photo view app wont open any jpeg files it say "class not registered".

I have followed other suggestions of troubleshooting, and system scan with no results.

Any suggestions?

regards

Tarn

tarn_55, Oct 6, 2022
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Gino Des Win User

Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

Photo app in Windows 10 is extremely slow

Rebuilding the search index in your computer may help speed-up the loading of photos in the app. The search index is like a directory of files and media in your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Indexing Options, and click on Indexing Options from the results.
    • Click Advanced.
    • Under Troubleshooting, click Rebuild.

We also suggest that you download and install any pending updates that needs to be installed on the computer through Windows Update and check if it helps resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, you may reinstall the Photos app. For steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app, follow the steps provided by Anil Madishetty on this thread:

Why won't my Photos app load on Windows 10

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gino Des, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

1. Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo - Similar Threads - Photo App wont

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.: So i have a game camera, and recently i went to look at the photos, and all the photos cut out over half of the normal image size. I resized the image and miraculously the entire picture showed up! I dont understand why but when i open the picture in photos it only shows a...
  5. Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.

Photos are not showing the full frame of photo.: So i have a game camera, and recently i went to look at the photos, and all the photos cut out over half of the normal image size. I resized the image and miraculously the entire picture showed up! I dont understand why but when i open the picture in photos it only shows a...
  6. Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Photo App wont show full photo: I have Windows 10 Home. I have photos that I have downloaded to my pc from a SD card. Microsoft photo app is the program I have. When I open the photo, it flashes a picture of the complete photo, then automatically changes it to only part of the photo. I have tried this on my...
  7. Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photos app not showing all photos [Fixed]: [ATTACH]Windows 11/10 offers a built-in photo viewer and editor called the Photos app. It’s a OneDrive integrated application that also includes editing, timeline, album creation, etc. If you cannot view your photos or are skeptical that the Photos app is not showing all...
  8. iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download

iCloud Windows app not showing full Photos options - won't download: I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and discovered that iCloud for Windows is now on the MS Store. After installing, the Photos options are not what they used (should?) be. I am not getting any syncing/downloading from my phone. Any ideas? I've attached the options I can see,...
  9. Photo App wont start on Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photo App wont start on Win 10: October 24, 2018 Greetings from East Haven Connecticut. A couple of weeks ago, for some unexplained reason, none of the pictures on my Picture file won't open. Instead, I would get an error message saying the photo app won't start. For several days I tried various...
  10. windows photo app wont open

windows photo app wont open: the app wont open and I cant find help or answers on the web. any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-photo-app-wont-open/9fded477-2081-4c0f-a8e5-52bca137f244