Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo app

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I created a video project in Window 10 Photo app. The project had just about 500 pictures. I had the app create one and then when I try to edit it, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CeliaDieterich, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:27 PM.

1. Windows 10 Photo app

I created a video project in Window 10 Photo app. The project had just about 500 pictures. I had the app create one and then when I try to edit it, I can change the duration of a photo but it is adjusting the duration of other photo automatically. It looks like it has capped the total time at 13 minutes 36 sec. Is there a setting so that I can increase the overall duration of the project or adjust all the photos to the same duration?

:)

CeliaDieterich, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:27 PM

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

4. Windows 10 Photo app

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo app

1. Windows 10 Photo app - Similar Threads - Photo app

2. Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps not opening and no photos, files, documents in file manager after a windows update.: I am up to date with all windows updates, however, I am not showing any history in windows update it seems to have been cleared out. I suddenly have a new start menu, my taskbar has been cleared apart from Microsoft edge, file manager, Microsoft store task view and mail. I...
  3. Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing pictures via Micro. Photo app: I was wondering if any one else has had trouble trying to import pictures from their iPhone to PC. I have been trying to transfer pictures from my iPhone 7 to my PC (Win.10) via the Photos app but it has not been working. It will find my phone and photos the first I plug it...
  4. Windows Photos app does not display location info

Windows Photos app does not display location info: The pictures I take using my Android phone contain location information, which I can see when I view Info in Google Photos. However, when I open the photos from OneDrive in Windows Photos and select Info, the location data is absent. Is this data not available in Windows...
  5. MS Photos app........

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Photos app........: I have been using the MS Photos app for a long time and I had not seen this issue.......but now after a clean install because of a computer crash the "People" Tab did not show the "Start Tagging" button when I first opened it and I only show a few people that have been...
  6. Windows 10 - Photos - app running in background keeps network pictures open and prevents sleep

Windows 10 - Photos - app running in background keeps network pictures open and prevents sleep: I've had this problem for a while on my old computer, and I'm running into it on a brand new build, so I've narrowed the problem down to the Photos app. If the Photos app is allowed to run in the background, it will often get stuck scanning my photos on my network share...
  7. Photo Apps not launching at all!

Photo Apps not launching at all!: My photo app can't seem to launch AT ALL. Everytime I try to open a photo it shows "the app didn't start" error message. I've tried almost everything!! - Repair - Reset - Uninstall and Install again - When I run the troubleshooter on microsoft apps it tells me there's...
  8. Windows Photos App: "Something Went Wrong. Please try again"

Windows Photos App: "Something Went Wrong. Please try again": I was just reading a locked thread from 2016 about how you get this dreaded message "Something went wrong. Please try again" while trying to "Choose lighting" on photos opened in Windows Photo apps. The solution they found then was to copy (or add) the source of your...
  9. Can Your Phone app find the most recent photos?

Can Your Phone app find the most recent photos?: I use OfficeLens to take photos, which I send to the PC using Your Phone app. This app is supposed to show the most recent photos, I know that. However Your Phone doesn’t show the most recent photos, it only shows photos I take with the camera app even though I will save...
  10. Photo App Issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo App Issues: Need Help with Microsoft Photo App. Had all standard problems trying to download photos from phone. Kept getting error message about internet. Did all the fixes - simple and not so simple. From rebooting to going into admin and trying to delet appxPackage. However photo...