Windows 10: Windows 10 photo app

Discus and support Windows 10 photo app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am new to the community and Windows 10. Can someone tell me how to delete photos/videos from the photos app. I have deleted from folders and emptied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YvonneHorton, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Windows 10 photo app

I am new to the community and Windows 10. Can someone tell me how to delete photos/videos from the photos app. I have deleted from folders and emptied recycle bin but every time i open the app the deleted photos are still there. If i delete from the app they go and come back. I have looked for a solution online but cant find anything I understand. Its very frustrating so hoping someone can help. Thank you in advance.

:)

YvonneHorton, Jun 30, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Windows 10 photo app

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 photo app

1. Windows 10 photo app - Similar Threads - photo app

2. Photo App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo App in Windows 10: My Photo app (which was the default app that came installed in the computer) DISAPPEARED! Any attempt to re-installed failed (I worked with HP help to do that - they could not do it!). Now I can't enhance my photos. What happened? Is Microsoft continue to arbitrarily modify...
  3. Micosoft Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Micosoft Photos app: Why does Microsoft Photos app editing enhancer not work after updates ? And why is there no fix? Repair and Reset don't work and you can't uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/micosoft-photos-app/fad9ee78-e43c-4bf3-9a6d-b54a26b1eacb
  4. Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App

Photo enhance feature not working on Microsoft Photo App: Good morning all. Got in touch with @MicrosoftHelps via Twitter who suggested downloading an add on called Photos Media Engine Add-on.Downloaded it this morning and have tried the enhance feature on a good few different photos from different folders etc.Pleased to say all...
  5. Display fonts and photos in certain apps have become suddenly blurry

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display fonts and photos in certain apps have become suddenly blurry: Hello, A few days ago my fonts deteriorated (Windows 10) and then I noticed that photos, e.g. on facebook are really poor quality. I have tried all the solutions that I can find on the internet to resolve this, and I also tried the Microsoft Advisors, who basically walked...
  6. Photo App

Photo App: My Photo app populates each time I plug my phone into my laptop. How do I set it to display only when I open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app/3e6be7d0-52e0-4912-b530-04e1d284ba78
  7. Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App

Follow up to to an issue with the Windows 10 default Photos App: Hi, On May 3, 2019 I asked the following (see following link); https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-default-photos-app-settings-issue/d11156ba-76fa-4c14-b8c8-0f4bfa56d1aa I also reported the is issue on the Feedback Hub (see following link);...
  8. What free app can be used to combine photos?

What free app can be used to combine photos?: Because I wanted to be able to show a before and after comparison to make it easier to understand. So the important qualification here is 'free'! Hehe. TIA....
  9. App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App History reports Microsoft Photo app using extraordinary amount of network bandwidth: When I go to Task Manager and select "App History", the Resource Usage for the last month for my user account shows almost 3,000,000MB (ie 3000GB or 3TB) of Network use. The CPU time is also extraordinarily high compared to all my other apps: 142 hours, 36 minutes and 25...
  10. Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Photo, I lost all my video projects after a photo app RESET.: Windows 10 Photo wasn't working properly. Was very slow and some of my video projects would not load. After research, I tried to use the apps Repair feature, but no improvement. So I tried the RESET option and when the app opened, all my video projects were gone. Can I...