Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo App

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo App in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Can anyone help? We have been using the Windows 10 Photo App for a few years and nothing has compared in terms of the functionality. Various updates... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MesonicAlpaca35, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo App

Can anyone help?

We have been using the Windows 10 Photo App for a few years and nothing has compared in terms of the functionality. Various updates have caused minor speed bumps but we have managed to find solutions and proceed to import and sort new photos periodically from our phones without having to delete them from our phones after the fact.

A latest update however means that the app searches our phones, finds all the photos but then crashes. The next stage enabled us to select only new photos and import, but no matter what fixes we run it is not getting past this stage.

Has anyone come across this glitch before or have any suggestions of how to fix? OR any alternative App we could install that would have the same functions?

Thanks in advance

Emma

:)

MesonicAlpaca35, Dec 2, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Dec 2, 2019
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photo App

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo App

1. Windows 10 Photo App - Similar Threads - Photo App

2. How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get Permission to view pictures in Photo app: HELP, I am at my wits end, have had a problem with my Lenova , reset, now unable to see SOME pictures in my Photo file, they are greyed out with a message, saying I dont have permission to view these pictures. Help please...
  3. Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Lock up importing from iphone 8: I used to import from my iphone on a regular basis. Computer died and I upgraded to a new Dell gaming machine. Now when I try and import from my phone or my wifes it finds X number of photos and locks up. Restarted, re-installed the photo app. When it locks it doesn't...
  4. win store, photos ans videos apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    win store, photos ans videos apps: I don't understand why win 10 is so complicated. I can't open win store, photos ans videos apps. I tried many things I saw on the community forum: 1. powershell command (lot of cmds I saw on the forum like : Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...
  5. Fade out video and music in Microsoft Photo app

Fade out video and music in Microsoft Photo app: How do I make a fade in / fade out in the Microsoft Photo app? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fade-out-video-and-music-in-microsoft-photo-app/3cee28f1-e921-4629-b5f0-c744f5150e6d
  6. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  7. Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app

Issues while exporting videos using Microsoft Photos app: Hi! So I have been working on a video and when I exported it, after a few minutes of exporting, a notification says couldn,t export video please restart the photos app and try again. It is really pissing me off as i already restarted the app but it still says the same thing....
  8. win 10 photos app does not work

win 10 photos app does not work: the app does not open. I had unistall it using powershell and download again without susscess https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-photos-app-does-not-work/7eb05217-426a-46ca-aec3-b7c57b835d9a
  9. Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop

Photos App for Windows 10 has disappeared from my laptop: I don't know when this happened, probably months ago. I've dried to re-download the app from the online store, but am unable to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-for-windows-10-has-disappeared-from-my/982f4a97-5a18-4386-8fac-2160e7233325
  10. Windows desktop app icon “Photo” too small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows desktop app icon “Photo” too small: [IMG][IMG]I just purchased a surface pro 7 a week ago and its fully up to date with the only new software being the Krita digital art app and office. Very few other app installations from the store. I opened the laptop up today after not using it for a few days and the Edge...