Windows 10: windows 10 photo crashes on startup

Discus and support windows 10 photo crashes on startup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just got Surface pro4 and photos just crashes on startup. Ive tried the settings>apps>app features>then reset and restart. Nothing works it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by hui87, Sep 21, 2018.

1. hui87 Win User

windows 10 photo crashes on startup

Just got Surface pro4 and photos just crashes on startup. Ive tried the settings>apps>app features>then reset and restart. Nothing works it just crashes.

This is right out of the box. I have to say I am very disappointed. My wife actually works for microsoft and she finally convinced me to get a microsoft product and right out of the bat there were 2 issues. The first was select tool on sketchup freezing and it was due to a driver updated. Now this with the photos app. I have had the machine less then 24h and Ive had to restart over 20 times. This is totally unacceptable. If your company wants to compete please make products that work the way they are supposed to. I was seriously hoping this would be a good product.

:)

hui87, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 21, 2018
  3. lxROKxl Win User
    Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

windows 10 photo crashes on startup [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk windows 10 photo crashes on startup :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Sep 21, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

1. windows 10 photo crashes on startup - Similar Threads - photo crashes startup

2. Photos App Crashes at Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  3. Photos App Crashes at Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos App Crashes at Startup: If I open Photos app, it begins to open shows just a blank gray window then crashes almost immediately.If I double-click a picture file, it opens fine, but then clicking the button jump back to all pictures will also cause it to crash.Repair or Reset from App Settings didn't...
  4. Windows 10 crashing at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 crashing at startup: I'm having a problem with my HP laptop running Windows 10 crashing at startup. It freezes and I have to push the power button to shut it down. I start it up again and it freezes maybe ten times or more then finally it starts up as normal. I have run a boot run virus scan...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10 Crash on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft for Windows 10 Crash on Startup: I have attempted to fix this program for weeks now. I cannot get Minecraft Windows 10 Edition to start and run. It never had this problem before. I noticed this first started one the nether update came out, since then I cannot get the game to load. I have done the...
  6. photo on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    photo on startup: how do i remove the photo on start-up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-on-startup/7253ad4e-1f3a-4428-9d00-9dd8c53b4a79
  7. Windows 10 photo crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo crash: I had a one drive download popping up so I downloaded it and now my Windows 10 original photo program crashes when I open it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-crash/2f8c0f7a-a261-4f09-9dc4-b114446d0808
  8. Windows startup photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows startup photos: How to bypass all those Microsoft images of different places from around the world. Go straight to main page.. Windows ten with all latest updates. Thanks David 116740
  9. Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 - Suddenly Crashing On Startup: Hi all, I have started experiencing some problems over the last few days in relation to the startup of Windows 10. I'm not overly sure why, but recently when I have been starting the computer for the first time in any given day, the wheel that spins around underneath the...
  10. Windows 10 crashes on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 crashes on startup: I updated to windows 10 around a month ago. Recently, the computer has been crashing after I log in. I've had this problem twice before, and the problem was fixed by going into the settings and updating the computer. This time, however, it is not giving me time to update....