Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo Editing

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo Editing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; After editing a photo, the original is replaced by the edited version. Is there any way to recover the original photo if so desired?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DaveCuster, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Photo Editing

After editing a photo, the original is replaced by the edited version. Is there any way to recover the original photo if so desired?

:)

DaveCuster, Oct 28, 2018
  2. lxROKxl Win User

Windows 10 Photos App crashing when in the edit menu

Hello everyone!
    Just recently (within the week) my Photos Application has started crashing

Windows 10 Photo Editing [​IMG]

This happens most often when I'm in the editing menu

Sometimes it crashes on startup - Sometimes when I enter the Editing Menu - Sometimes when I attempt to edit

Things I've attempted to do to fix

• Uninstall and reinstall the app
    • Contact Microsoft Support (cringe)
    • sfc /scannow
    • Restore Libraries to default
    • Created another local account
    • Clear the app cache
    • Check disk health (extremely healthy)
    • Add a Microsoft Account / Connect a Microsoft account
    • Put photos in a different folder / drive
    • The system Troubleshooter.

NOTHING HAS WORKED

Possible Causes .
    • My photos are located on another disk Windows 10 Photo Editing :)G) - I have an SSD (128GB) for boot - A 1TB regular drive for Programs and another 1 TB drive for documents/photos/etc.

I've followed every guide possible and still nothing has worked. I need some serious help *Mad
    So strange how it just started happening, Please help, any suggestions are appreciated as this is a major headache for me!

lxROKxl, Oct 28, 2018
  3. How do I get the edited photos from 10 Photos app to change on the hard drive?

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior:

• Go to the folder in hard drive.
    • Right click on the photo you want to edit.
    • Click on Open with and select
      photos
      (To open that particular photo in Windows 10 photos app).
    • Make some changes in the photo and click on
      save
    • Now go back to the folder and check the if you see the changes you made.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Oct 28, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Photo Editing

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo Editing

1. Windows 10 Photo Editing - Similar Threads - Photo Editing

2. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  3. Photo editing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo editing: I just got a new computer Windows 11. How do I crop a photo to 4x6? Everything is in ratios. Also is there a better photo editing program? I had Windows 8 before It had Windows Photo Viewer which was GREAT and the editing options were MUCH better than this program. Anyway to...
  4. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  5. Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.

Windows 11 on PC, I cannot save edited photos back into their original folders.: All my edited photos are being saved into "Gallery", instead of them going back into the folder that they came from. This means I have to cut them individually and paste them into "Pictures" where they show up at the bottom of all my photos folders and from there I have to...
  6. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  7. Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing

Microsoft Photos deletes images during editing: I have a large gallery of photos stored on my computer in a folder which is connected to a dropbox. I am going through and editing them with Microsoft Photos 2024.11010.10002.0, cropping them and sometimes adjusting the contrast/brightness/etc.Every so often say 1 in 10 times...
  8. Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo Editing: I have lost the ability to edit my photos. There used to be a bar for choosing crop, straighten,edit,markup, etc. No longer there. Also can not go into a folder, choose a picture and no arrow to review all photos in that folder....
  9. Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Editing: I have lost the ability to edit my photos. There used to be a bar for choosing crop, straighten,edit,markup, etc. No longer there. Also can not go into a folder, choose a picture and no arrow to review all photos in that folder....
  10. Photo Editing