Windows 10: Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv

Discus and support Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I spent some time now in searching a screensaver for windows 10 that simply lets me play multiple videos in random order as screensaver. Just like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by S3bish, Dec 8, 2019.

1. S3bish Win User

Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv

I spent some time now in searching a screensaver for windows 10 that simply lets me play multiple videos in random order as screensaver. Just like apple aerial, but with own videos. I failed.

The only way to do this seems to be the Windows Photo Gallery Screensaver.

But: While the gallery app itself does play all sorts of video up to 4k HDR, the screensaver version may only play WMV files. Since nobody in the world still uses wmv files, this is pretty useless.

I tested with .mov, .mp4 and .wmv files. Since there is no third party screensaver doing this for you, it would be pretty great, if Microsoft could fix that. A lot of people would love that. It would be the Windows version of aerial by Mac - but better, because you could add your own videos.

Requirement

Photo Gallery Screensaver has to play the same range of video types and codecs in the same quality as the photo gallery does when using it by hand - Missing badly

Play all videos in folder - already done

Play videos in random order - already done

How to do it

Throw away the 2010 core of the screensaver and make it use the real, shiny new windows 10 photo gallery backend / player.

I would love an update to this screensaver and I tell you, I really think a lot of people would use that.

As long as it supports wmv only, it will not even appear on google search results, since it is completely useless.

Thanks a lot for your time!

S3bish

PS: This topic is quite of a follow up to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ver-wont/1f601070-f73d-4cbf-861b-d0c22f8abb24 where the most users ask for exactly this too.

:)

S3bish, Dec 8, 2019

2. using windows photo gallery as screen saver

using windows photo gallery as screen saver some of my photos appear on their side. How can I avoid this??

John-1947IN, Dec 8, 2019
  3. DonMPS Win User
    Photo collage screen saver in Windows 10

I'm seeing it in Windows 10, using screen saver "Photo Gallery" and when the "Settings" box is clicked a new "Photo Gallery Screen Saver Settings" window pops up. At the bottom are two boxes to choose "theme" and "speed". In double checking this, I see
    that you need to choose "Photo Gallery" as the screen saver in order for the theme choice to pop up in the next set of settings. If you have "Photos" chosen you will get a different set of settings to choose from then what you would get if "Photo Gallery"
    is chosen. So "Photo Gallery" chosen as the screen saver is the key to being able to chose collage as a theme.

Don

DonMPS, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv

Missing "Photo Gallery" on Screen Saver

Thanks Kermit, but you are talking about "Photos" and I was asking about "Photos Gallery".

In the following link, talk about this feature. This feature is used when you add a folder of pictures for the lock screen and I want to use the same as screen saver (without lock the computer)

How to Create Your Own Screen Saver with Windows Photo Gallery | Digital Citizen

Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv e5904f6e-044c-4354-a18b-5a018283dbc5.png

JohnnyGomez, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv

1. Windows 10 photo gallery screen saver wont display videos except for wmv - Similar Threads - photo gallery screen

2. Photos aren't displaying on gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos aren't displaying on gallery: I added about more than 6000 photos in Pictures category on This PC. But still won't displaying including album per folder. Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-arent-displaying-on-gallery/162c6566-ecba-459c-a471-9e47d0ef4662
  3. Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen saver settings in lock screen - windows live photo gallery keeps reverting to none: Live photo gallery pictures keeps reverting to none. Works fine for a while then rebels. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-saver-settings-in-lock-screen-windows-live/3cfae0f5-34cf-494b-b557-ae779e633bca
  4. my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver

my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver: my screen saver will not turn off in windows 10 using photo gallery as saver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-saver-will-not-turn-off-in-windows-10/27a22585-19c2-463f-a9bb-3e3dd9d4c69c
  5. Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders

Screen Saver Photos not displaying pictures in subfolders: I just set up a brand new Win10 Pro computer version 1909 build 18363.836. I set up my Screen Saver to use Photos, and configured Photos to use my Pictures folder over 35K pictures across hundreds of sub-folders. When my Screen Saver kicks in, it rotates only through 4...
  6. Editing videos in Windows Live Photo Gallery

Editing videos in Windows Live Photo Gallery: How can I edit a video in my Windows Live Photo Gallery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-videos-in-windows-live-photo-gallery/9112f62f-5e6d-4971-b519-f7f4369b3a91
  7. gallery photos and videos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gallery photos and videos: how to save contents of gallery to an external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gallery-photos-and-videos/a3aaa291-180a-4db6-879a-1871d4903475"
  8. using windows photo gallery as screen saver

using windows photo gallery as screen saver: using windows photo gallery as screen saver some of my photos appear on their side. How can I avoid this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-windows-photo-gallery-as-screen-saver/50714d04-e20f-49ca-a03e-1ca6dc948494
  9. Photo loaction display in Windows 10 screen saver

Photo loaction display in Windows 10 screen saver: Hello. I want to display where the photo's are taken on screen saver in Windows 10. Is this a possible setting or at least, is there a way to access the information when you want to identify a location?...
  10. Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos screen saver sometimes can't display previous photo: I have my screen saver set to show pictures from several libraries. In Win 7 pressing the left arrow would display the previous photo. Now when I press the left arrow I sometimes receive an error message, "an error is preventing this slideshow from showing". Ran DISM and...