Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My problem is the "Delete" button in Photo app is greyed out and unclickable. -> https://prnt.sc/v0krvg I try to delete images in C:\Users\%my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kanna Verden, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

My problem is the "Delete" button in Photo app is greyed out and unclickable.

-> https://prnt.sc/v0krvg

I try to delete images in C:\Users\%my username%\AppData\Roaming\ while viewing them in Photos app.

In other folders outside "AppData" everything seems fine, "Delete" button is active. If I move an image from AppData to anywhere, the "Delete" button becomes active again.

-> https://prnt.sc/v0kumi

I assume the problem is in "AppData" folder. I tried to repair Photo app in the system settings, just in case. I also checked permissions, they're completely the same for the images in "AppData" and outside "AppData". I couldn't find anything related to the issue in Photo app's settings.

I can delete images from "AppData" by just hitting delete button on my keyboard, but it's not comfortable this way, because I can't see fullsize image to decide if I want to delete it or not.

I know I can just move the images to any other place, but I don't want to. I'd appreciate any help on the issue, it's quite annoying.

:)

Kanna Verden, Oct 16, 2020

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

I know of no easier way to delete them, so here are the instructions.

Delete System Image Restore Point from System Restore in Windows 10

A System Image restore point is describe as type 'Backup'.

Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button [​IMG]

First, go to Settings > Backup & Restore > Recovery and select the 'Restart now' button in Advanced Start-up.

When you get Advanced Start-up, select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Command Prompt.

You will be asked to choose an administrator account and supply it's password, then the Command Prompt will open.

Type the commands DISKPART then LIST VOL and EXIT to see a list of all drives, in this example the Windows system is on the C: drive, yours may have a different letter. Whatever the letter is, type it followed by a colon to switch to that drive, in this example I typed C:

Then use the CD (change directory) command CD System Volume Information\WindowsImageBackup

Use the DIR command to check you are in the right folder, then use DEL to delete the contents of each of the Catalog and SPPMetadataCache folders.

Youn can now close the command prompt window (or type EXIT) to restart the PC and go back to Windows.

All System Image Restore points of type 'Backup' will now have gone.

4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

Multiple Photos

We suggest that you follow the steps below to delete the photo through Photos app:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos in Photos app, select the photos by clicking on checkbox on the photos you want to delete. Click
      Delete icon at the bottom right corner to delete.
    • If you open a photo, Tap or press Delete
      key from keyboard.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button

1. Windows 10 Photo inactive "Delete" button - Similar Threads - Photo inactive Delete

2. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  3. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10: Hi,I need to remove an old inactive school account from my windows 10 PC.The school no longer has access granted to me so I cannot sign in and I am constantly getting prompted to resolve the issue with my account when I log into the PC or open the mail app, which is...
  4. Delete old inactive work or school account on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 inactivity

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 inactivity: Hi, How is windows 10 inactivity calculated before the OS locks itself. Previsously it would be no activity from input devices such as keyboard and mouse. But now I could be on a MS Teams/Webex calls for 30+ minutes watching a presentation and listening on mute. I assume...
  6. Windows 10 Inactive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Inactive: My laptop came with Windows 10 installed and I have been using it for 2 years. Recently, I am getting a message to "Activate Windows". When going to "Settings" to activate, I get the following messages: "No Product Key Found" and "Error Code: 0xC004F012". Before this...
  7. MS Photos delete button does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Photos delete button does not work: I've spent the last hour or so going through old photos and deleting unwanted ones. I noticed after my first run through (20 mins or so) that despite pressing delete and enter to confirm delete, the photos are still there! I "repair"ed the app in Apps and Features, then I...
  8. delete inactive work email

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete inactive work email: How can I delete a work email account app for which I no longer have access? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/delete-inactive-work-email/ce47ea8e-b943-4a6a-9227-989f56aa21f8
  9. Windows 10 Photos missing buttons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Photos missing buttons: Windows 10 Photos "add music" window is missing DONE and CANCEL buttons. Impossible to add music. Anyone else has this bug?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-photos-missing-buttons/fccbf418-e34c-4439-b56f-177e1d9d886e
  10. Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 mail app ready to go button inactive: I used to use Windows Live Mail 2012 but up until about a week ago, it stopped syncing my hotmail account. I got an email in May or June about upgrading to a new program or something that was taking place in July I believe, but it kept working so I didn't do anything. Now...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete button is grayed out in pictures in laptop

2. delete option not available in windows photo