Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions?

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to trim my DJI drone footage using Windows 10 Photo because it didn't re-encode the the movie and therefore it was very quick. But since newer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by martinoss, Sep 21, 2018.

1. martinoss Win User

Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions?

I used to trim my DJI drone footage using Windows 10 Photo because it didn't re-encode the the movie and therefore it was very quick.

But since newer versions of the photo app, trimming takes much longer and the output is bigger relative to the file length after trimming.

Why does this happen suddenly and can I control this behavior?

:)

martinoss, Sep 21, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Edit Video in Photos- Trim

Hi,

You can trim the beginning and end of a video so your movie shows only the part of the video you want.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• What is the build and version of Windows that you’re using? To check, type
      winver in the Search box, select the resulting command and send us a screenshot of the information window.
    • What is the name of the application used when capturing videos?
    • Is it happening to all the videos that you captured?
    • What video player are you using to watch this video file?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 21, 2018
  3. MaxBraun1 Win User

Hello!

I have same issue. My win version is 1709 ( windows 10 ).

I am using shadowplay to capture videos.

Then i am using Movie and TV ; Photo to trim captured videos. However, when i do this, trimmed video looks abit whiter or even darker i would say. Tried to search for some options etc but havent found anything. Cannot solve this issue and looking for Your
    help as its really important to have such comfy tool.

MaxBraun1, Sep 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions?

I had a small issue with the Edit in Photos feature on a video file in Windows 10.

I regularly capture video files while gaming and noticed the trim feature under the "Edit In Photo" option while watching a video file(pen icon).

Upon using this feature I trim the video to my desired length and save a copy. But the new video file has a significantly whiter picture when i watch it. Is this something that is temporary or that i fix in anyway?

I'd appreciate any help on fixing this issue, Thank You.

Moved fromWindows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions? :( Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage )

Drochaigeant, Sep 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions?

1. Windows 10 Photo - Trim Videos - Re-Encoding since later versions? - Similar Threads - Photo Trim Videos

2. Recover trim videos in photo editor windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover trim videos in photo editor windows 10: So i trim an 1+ hour video to 27 minutes video, After I cut the video, the original video which was more than 1 hour long was no longer there, Can it be recover?...
  3. Recover trim videos in photo editor windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover trim videos in photo editor windows 10: So i trim an 1+ hour video to 27 minutes video, After I cut the video, the original video which was more than 1 hour long was no longer there, Can it be recover?...
  4. Recover trim videos in photo editor windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  6. Trimming Videos in Photos app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trimming Videos in Photos app: Sometime in the last calendar year, you went from being able to choose the location of where you wanted the trimmed version of your video to be exported to from the Photos app, to only being able to automatically save the trimmed video to the same location as the source...
  7. cant trim videos in photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant trim videos in photos: every time i try to trim my videos from shadowplay i get an annoying pop up saying i dont have permission try saving a copy instead. ive tried making copies and editing the security in properties nothing works unless i restart my computer its incredibly frustrating as...
  8. Videos and photo trim W10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Videos and photo trim W10: There is a video that I would like to edit: a portion in the middle needs to be removed. I tried to use trim on the photo app but when the unwanted portion is highlighted, the rest of the video is removed. This is exactly the opposite of what I need. What do I do now since I...
  9. video encoder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    video encoder: how do I find CPU ranking page for my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-encoder/62fc7b8c-3e71-4481-9d5b-70fd2bc89001
  10. Software To Re-Encode Videos And Keep Codec?

Software To Re-Encode Videos And Keep Codec?: Hello all, Does anyone know of a software that will convert my videos to the same codecs to keep the same quality? I'm having an issue uploading them to the cloud. A re-encode does the trick but, the issue is software limitations. With Format Factory Freetime software it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. photos windows 10 trim without reencoding