Windows 10: windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed

Discus and support windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; using win 10 photo/video app on desktop to create a movie with .jpg, .mp4, & .3gp files. .3gp will not play correctly..... what file types are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by katinfoco, Jul 31, 2020.

1. katinfoco Win User

windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed

using win 10 photo/video app on desktop to create a movie with .jpg, .mp4, & .3gp files.

.3gp will not play correctly.....

what file types are acceptable for import into the win 10 photo/video app?

do I need to convert the file to a .mp4 so it will work in win10 video app?

suggestions for convert app?

:)

katinfoco, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to change default app for file type

'Open With > Choose another app' has three step, in the first it only offers apps registered for that file type. If you click 'More apps' it lists all registered apps regardless of suitability. Both these steps have the tick-box for 'Always use...' in my 18363.752. The third step, if needed, is 'Look for another app on this PC'. The 'Always use...' must be ticked before taking this step if you want the change to stick. However, WMP appears at the second step.

windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed [​IMG]

For a quick look at a JPG almost anything (including WMP) is more practical than Photos which on my system takes more than ten seconds just to open a photo. The OP is probably not aware that the Windows Photo Viewer is still available in W10, but hidden away. That's my default viewer for JPG.

Restore Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10

And, once enabled, is available in Settings > Apps > Default apps.

windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed [​IMG]

3. Photo app in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to edit a video file in Photos App.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the version of the Photos App installed on the PC
    • What is the make and model of the PC?
    • What is the file format of the video?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check.

Step 1: Reset Photos App

1. Press Windows + I
      key to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Photos app.
    4. Select the app and click on
      Advanced
      option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a
      tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2:
    Uninstall app using Power shell command

1. Press Windows + X key and select
      Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Copy and paste this command, then press enter:
      Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | Remove-AppxPackage
    3. Close the PowerShell command and restart the PC.
    1. Reinstall the Photos app from Microsoft Store and
      check.

Please refer this article for additional information:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Also refer this article: Edit photos and videos in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jul 31, 2020
  4. windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed

Windows 10 photos app

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with accessing photos in Photo app, I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Since reinstalling the app does not work, this issue might be due to corrupted system files.

Step 1: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 2: To check if there is any problem with the app, I suggest you to run Windows Store App troubleshooter.

Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter, troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar on the Taskbar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Windows Store Apps.

• Select “Advance” and click on “Run as Administrator”.

• Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed

1. windows 10 photo/video app file types allowed - Similar Threads - photo video app

2. Make the Windows Photos app the default app for an unrecognized file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Make the Windows Photos app the default app for an unrecognized file type: Hi there! I'm trying to make files that have a specific file extension .mpo open in the Windows Photos app, but I can't figure out how to do it. The Photos app is not listed in Windows's suggested list of default apps, and I can't use the "Look for another app on this PC"...
  3. Make the Windows Photos app the default app for an unrecognized file type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Make the Windows Photos app the default app for an unrecognized file type: Hi there! I'm trying to make files that have a specific file extension .mpo open in the Windows Photos app, but I can't figure out how to do it. The Photos app is not listed in Windows's suggested list of default apps, and I can't use the "Look for another app on this PC"...
  4. Make the Windows Photos app the default app for an unrecognized file type

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Converting photos and videos in the photos app to a file: So I have pictures that I took on my phone that i put on my desktop through the photos app, and I want to put it in a file, I've been trying to do it but I cant figure it out, can anyone help?...
  6. Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor

Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor: I recently purchased a laptop with the latest version of Windows 10, it is version 2004. The latest update must have removed the hidden video editor from the Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? It now only allows you to trim, draw, slow it down. I literally went to...
  7. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor: We are using the photo app to edit video clips. The voices sound like chipmunks, help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-video-editor/6e556721-efdc-4689-a559-528c99229dca
  8. Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video

Photo App and Movies and TV App will not allow saving of trimmed video: Both of the open and both allow editing. But when I click save a Copy, neither will allow me to save to xxx_trim.mp3 file (default) or another .mp3 file with a new name. The screen says "It looks like you don't have permission to save changes to this file Try saving a...
  9. Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.

Loss of Video and Photo files in Photo App.: I shot a video project and imported all of the files too my laptop through the Photos App. A couple days later I go open the Photos app and a lot of my photos and mainly video files were no longer in my Photo collection. When I tried importing more footage through an SD card...
  10. Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type in Windows 10 Twitter App

Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type in Windows 10 Twitter App: So lately i found this nifty lil Twitter app that comes with Windows 10 But when i click a tweet with a vine retweet or such it gives me an error saying "Unsupported Video Type Invalid File Type" Has anyone been using the twitter app lately and are getting the same error?...