Windows 10: Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Discus and support Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have created a 8min 37sec movie of a Holiday. Its a combination of photos and trimmed video clips with a soundtrack as well. When I attempt... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Craigmclay, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Hello

I have created a 8min 37sec movie of a Holiday. Its a combination of photos and trimmed video clips with a soundtrack as well. When I attempt to export the completed file I only get 1min 29 secs exported. I have tried all 3 file size export choices.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Craig

:)

Craigmclay, Apr 1, 2019

2. Exporting Video File Created with Windows Photo

While using Windows Photos , to upload a file for sharing , after 'Create Video' , the generated export file , results in a pixelated grid output.

A combination of still photos and video clips. The format is .mp4 and shows where saved in File Explorer Directory. There is sound, but no image.

What further steps are required for successful exporting and playback of created video file??

DilligentEssence -, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Movie Editor in the photos app keeps uploading a pink/purple video instead of the actual video

Hi Emma Epps,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Is this issue occurring with all the video app, or with the particular video file?
    2. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    3. What is the make and model of the system?
    4. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to
      Check for operating system information in Windows 10.

It seems likely this pink artifacts on export issue is caused by display driver compatibility issues. However, I suggest you to follow the below method and check if that helps.

Method 1: Turn off hardware-accelerated video encoding in Settings

1. Open photo app and select settings
    2. At the bottom you will find your app version number in the About this app section
    3. If you are running version 2018.180710.00 or greater
      there will also be a Video section with a toggle on this page
    4. You should try turning off this toggle, which will disable hardware-accelerated video encoding, then exporting your video.

I also suggest you to refer this Thread
    Windows photo app - Export/Share function problem
    , from Sarah S (Microsoft)
    Replied on July 14, 2018.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Apr 1, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

Windows 10 Photos video project export quality issue

In Windows 10 I created a video project slideshow with the photos app. I'd like to export this video for a Facebook ad. However, the photos app only gives me 3 options to export and all three significantly reduce the quality of the video versus when I
    just view it in the app. Any suggestions how to export and maintain quality?

levinejm34, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues

1. Windows 10 Photo video editor / file export issues - Similar Threads - Photo video editor

2. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  3. Video Editor not exporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor not exporting: I have tried literally everything. I have tried using smaller resolutions, not using hardware accel, resetting the photo app, restarting the photo app, reinstalling the photo app, updating window, used troubleshooters that said they COULDN'T fix the problem, and have even...
  4. Video editor/photos not exporting properly

Video editor/photos not exporting properly: Hello, I have been using video editor on windows 10 a couple of times now. I have a youtube channel and that is what I use. I have already made 2 video 1 was 2 minutes long and the second was 3 minutes long. I am now making a third video that has 10 songs in it and is 30...
  5. Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor

Video export freezing in Windows 10 Photos app video editor: I use the built-in Windows 10 video editor in the Photos app, and I quite like it, but I have one problem... On practically every video I export, it always has around a minute of the video completely frozen from a random part of the video. I also notice that it normally...
  6. Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album

Photos app - Exporting photos from Video Editor to Photo Album: Is there a way to change a Video Editor into a photo album. We have inadvertently saved a heap of photos from various locations into the Video Editor. I can't seem to find a way to either export them or change the format from a Video Editor to a Photo Album. Any...
  7. Video Editor Export

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Editor Export: I tried to export my video on to my computer. The video saved as a video file. I cant upload a video file to the internet or youtube. How do I export the video as an .MP4 or something that I can share online ?...
  8. Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems

Windows Video Editor Photos Export Problems: Hi, Tried editing a video, shuffled some scenes and added a bit of part of another one, but can't export it. It's just two videos, combined them and hit "Finish Video", I kept it overnight for three days, 720p, once Hardware-accelerated, twice vice versa, but all I get is...
  9. Video Editor not exporting

Video Editor not exporting: When I go to export my video project, the progress bar gets to <10%, and the app becomes unresponsive and freezes. A file is created, but it cannot be opened, has 0B size, and no thumbnail. I've tried repairing the app, resetting it, and turning hardware acceleration off,...
  10. Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Photos Video Editor exporting choppy: I have had the largest trouble with this, I made a home movie on my surface pro 6 and it allows me to edit the movie, export it, and play it but when I rewatch the video that was newly edited, it is choppy and laggy as if I am still editing it within the photos app. Instead...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 video edit export issues