Windows 10: Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

Discus and support Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Antlion, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Antlion Win User

Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

Hello

A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take a bit. I only used Irfan to open some files that windows couldnt, I dont remember setting it to default nor anything among those lines. If i delete Irfan will it fix my issue, or is it something else?
    Thanks for reading.

:)

Antlion, Sep 11, 2020
  2. RC2100-2 Win User

Windows 10 Photo Viewer - SLOW - SLOW - SLOW

My Windows 10 (and Windows Photo Viewer) was running fine for the past 10 months until the late Sept 2016 updates. Then "poof" - welcome to SLOW, SLOW Photo Viewer. Thanks Windows 10 update. Several people have suggested fixes in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Viewer

or

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live\ Photo Viewer\Viewer

The problem is that I have NO folder named "Windows Photo Viewer" or "Windows Live" or their sub-folders. So I have to assume that the Windows 10 update wiped them out.

So I can tinker with the registry (risky) or find another default photo viewer. Or maybe it is time to become an Apple user.

RC2100-2, Sep 11, 2020
  3. iko22 Win User
    How to get rid of raw file support in windows photo viewer?

Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down [​IMG]

I have downloaded this, and it did not work; photo viewer is not in the list of programs in Open With or Default App. I used option 2 step 3, followed by step 5 to 9.

iko22, Sep 11, 2020
  4. meebers Win User

Replacement for photo viewer

Win ver 19041.388

Just do not like this "new" photo viewer, it is just cumbersome to operate, lot of extra steps etc. I like the older Win photo viewer, however since JPG files are saved as "unhandled Extension handler finder", *Confused I need something else. Appreciate any suggestions that is not overly optioned, just a simple viewer. Tx

meebers, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down - Similar Threads - photo viewer slowing

2. Photos slowing down browser

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos slowing down browser: Split from this thread. I am a Microsoft user not a technician. How am I supposed to follow all those instructions to eliminate al those photos that slow down my browser? I do not want them and do now know how to get rid of them. Why have them there anyway. If I want...
  3. Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Periodic slowness on Windows 10 - Weird issue with the photo viewer.: Hey everyone, Windows 10 PC, 32GB of memory, i5-6600k. Seemingly at random, I encounter significant slowness. Screen stops updating, keyboard input pauses. After a few seconds it catches up, every button I pressed goes through, and the screen updates. I can't see anything...
  4. Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 photo viewer slowing down: Hello A while ago i downloaded IrfanView and since then the default windows photo viewer takes a very long time to open my pictures and even if it does open, it will open with a white screen which means nothing will happen or it will open with black which means it will take...
  5. Windows 10 photo viewer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 photo viewer: Typical error "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because there might not be enough memory available on your computer. Close some programs that you aren't using or free some hard disk space (if it's almost full), and try again.' - not a memory problem! Only get...
  6. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: when I try to enlarge a picture in the photo viewer, they window turns transparent. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-viewer/376a2bf0-7c7f-416e-8ab6-125b0e7e44a9
  7. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm trying to run the photo viewer that comes with Win10. It will not even open. When I try to run it I get a message that says "This app can't open." Not sure what to do or what information is needed. Thanks, Art...
  8. Windows 10 Photo Viewer

Windows 10 Photo Viewer: I'm looking for a Photo Viewer for Windows 10 Home 64-bit that's as close as possible to that found on Windows 7. I've tried Microsoft Photos on the Windows Store but once I zoom in or make an image I'm viewing full screen, the other options at the top of the screen disappear...
  9. Windows 10 photo viewer

Windows 10 photo viewer: How to show oldest photos first in windows 10 photo viewer Can someone please help me out here on the above.I decided to have a go with the W10 photo app,But failed on how to arrange the viewing I would like to have the windows to show oldest first.Or is it set to show...
  10. Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow

Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow: So ever since I got windows 10 the Windows Photo Viewer is insanely slow in opening images. Takes literally like 3-4 seconds til it opens when on Windows7 it used to be instant. Anyone know how to fix this? 21632