Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; On these offending devices is there any information in the event log about the crash. ( Codes / descriptions) ? Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by gmteg, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

On these offending devices is there any information in the event log about the crash. ( Codes / descriptions) ?

Caledon Ken, Mar 14, 2018
  2. gmteg Win User

I'll look into this tomorrow and get back to you. Thanks again!

gmteg, Mar 14, 2018
  3. Have you tried resetting the app? You’d think uninstalling the app and reinstall would be a more thorough way of purging and starting again. But in the past I had a problem with one of the native apps and resetting the app rather than reinstalling worked.

Another suggestion is try ccleaner to remove the app and then reinstall it from the store. I once had issues with a few native apps such as news and weather somehow corrupting after they updated. System restore didn’t help. Resetting didn’t help. But using ccleaner and then reinstalling did the trick.

i despise it when MS updates the native apps. They are very fragile and I have found them problematic across numerous machines. Other user accounts on a pc are very prone to having issues when an app updates even though it works on the main user account. At least that is my experiences

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening

1. Windows 10 Photos app crashing upon opening - Similar Threads - Photos app crashing

2. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  3. Chrome crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome crashes upon opening: Whenever I open chrome on my windows 11 laptop it immediately closes within a moment I have tried reinstalling and restarting my computer but that only keeps it open for an extra second or two until I interact with the app. I need chrome for school and other work and this...
  4. Native Window apps Microsoft store, photos, even wsreset.exe crash instantly upon opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Window apps Microsoft store, photos, even wsreset.exe crash instantly upon opening: Title says it all i've gone through multiple threads doing everything i can to fix this but nothing seems to work no matter what i do and i can't manage to figure out what to do to fix it. i'm on the latest update and i've tried so many powershell and command prompt things...
  5. Native Window apps Microsoft store, photos, even wsreset.exe crash instantly upon opening

Native Window apps Microsoft store, photos, even wsreset.exe crash instantly upon opening: Title says it all i've gone through multiple threads doing everything i can to fix this but nothing seems to work no matter what i do and i can't manage to figure out what to do to fix it. i'm on the latest update and i've tried so many powershell and command prompt things...
  6. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  7. PowerShell Crashes upon opening

PowerShell Crashes upon opening: I have recently been facing a problem with PowerShell. Whenever i open PowerShell, it will crash and sometimes it will give out this error [process exited with code 4294901760 0xffff0000] I have tried running SFC /Scannow but it didn't work. I would be really grateful if...
  8. windows store apps crash upon opening

windows store apps crash upon opening: I've tried everything I can, this is a fresh install of windows and I've reinstalled the windows store through power shell. No matter what I do apps in the windows store close half a second after they're opened, and sometimes they don't even open at all...
  9. Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Crash upon Starting In Windows 10: Hi Apps immediately crash upon launch in Windows 10. Apps I tried are Mail, Calendar and Store. Device is Surface Go. OS is Windows 10 Home. I tried Store, with the idea that I would uninstall Mail and Calendar, then re-install. But, I can't open Store. I tried...
  10. Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening

Windows 10 Mail and Calendar apps immediately crash upon opening: Windows 10 version 1709 Mail and Calendar apps crash immediately after opening. I see the window for the app appear briefly, and then is gone a moment later. I tried running the "Windows Store Apps" troubleshooter, which was able to detect the app crashing problem, but...