Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, I'd like to report 2 bugs in the Photos App: 1. When viewing video, if I press Spacebar to start the video, only the audio plays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RC_s, Dec 31, 2018.

1. RC_s Win User

Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug

Dear Microsoft,

I'd like to report 2 bugs in the Photos App:

1. When viewing video, if I press Spacebar to start the video, only the audio plays but the video does not play. It should play both video and audio simultaneously, just like if I press the "Play" icon using mouse.

2. Sometimes after deleting, the photos keeps appearing even though the file is already deleted from Windows Explorer.

For example, if currently I'm seeing "Image1.jpg" and then delete the file, then the screen refreshes and still sows "Image1.jpg"

This is misleading.

I hope that Microsoft can improve this app as the bugs are very annoying.

Best regards,

Robin

:)

2. RC_s Win User

Dear Microsoft,

I'd like to report 2 bugs in the Photos App:

1. When viewing video, if I press Spacebar to start the video, only the audio plays but the video does not play. It should play both video and audio simultaneously, just like if I press the "Play" icon using mouse.

2. Sometimes after deleting, the photos keeps appearing even though the file is already deleted from Windows Explorer.

For example, if currently I'm seeing "Image1.jpg" and then delete the file, then the screen refreshes and still sows "Image1.jpg"

This is misleading.

I hope that Microsoft can improve this app as the bugs are very annoying.

Best regards,

Robin

3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug

Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos App Delete and Spacebar Bug - Similar Threads - Photos App Delete

2. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  3. Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovering deleted photos on Windows 10 photos app: I think I accidentally selected everything on my Windows 10 photos app and it all deleted. I put something on top of my laptop temporarily, and it moved the trackpad and selected it all.I don't know where they went or how to recover them. They are not in my recycle bin...:...
  4. Deleting Photos app

Deleting Photos app: Windows 10 Home. 2004. Microsoft Photos. When trying to open image file message given is --- 'File System Error -2147163901}. I've tried to uninstall the app via -- Settings>Microsoft Photos>Uninstall but the option is greyed out. It was my intention to reinstalling...
  5. windows 10 photo app not deleting

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 photo app not deleting: I have tried everything you suggested and still not working. Why doesnt Microsoft try using some non microsoft users first before they send out a new update. Is microsoft update in May going to have a change for this? Thanks...
  6. Windows 10 Mail app, mass delete bug

Windows 10 Mail app, mass delete bug: I've been having this issue for a long time and I don't think it's been addressed. Reproduction steps: 1. Click 'enter selection mode' 2. Click the checkbox at the top to select all emails in the inbox. Expected result: 1. The trash icon is enabled. Actual result:...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App - Not deleting photographs

Windows 10 Photos App - Not deleting photographs: Photos recently started to fail to delete photographs reliably - it behaves as if has deleted a photograph but the file is still there. Have tried Resetting the app but the problem keeps recurring....
  8. unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App

unable to delete photo in Windows 10 Photo App: In Windows10 "Photos App", I follow the standard procedures for deleting a photo such as right-hand click then delete OR clicking the garbage can icon at the top of the page and confirming delete. After executing this, the photo disappears from Photos App but when I go back...
  9. windows photos app bug

windows photos app bug: I have recently faced a bug in photos app of windows 10. When the photos app is minimized , and we hover over the photos app's icon in the taskbar and try to close the app just from the small view that is visible by hovering , it does not close .But when we maximize it, it...
  10. Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?

Will deleting photos on iPhone automatically delete photos imported on Windows 10 Photos App?: Windows 10 automatically synced all my iPhone photos onto the Photos Program on my Computer when connected through USB. I would like to delete/clear out some photos. If I delete photos on my iPhone will they also automatically delete on the imported Photos file or do I have...