Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm uploading photos/videos from my iPhone from a trip I just got back from. All events took place in August, but the photos app is marking many as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JtIsNeat, Sep 4, 2018.

1. JtIsNeat Win User

Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

I'm uploading photos/videos from my iPhone from a trip I just got back from. All events took place in August, but the photos app is marking many as September. Even some photos (Aug 12) that are older are marked as September while newer photos (Aug 25) are marked as August. My time zone is correct on both devices.

How do I fix this?

Moved from: Apps on Insider Preview /Photos /Phone

:)

JtIsNeat, Sep 4, 2018
  2. AM Bhopal Win User

Windows 10 - Photo app wrong dates

Some of the pictures are showing wrong date (Year showing as 2078) in the Photos app of Windows 10

I tried to find answer thru Microsoft help forum but no use.

Can any one suggest ?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

AM Bhopal, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 - Photo app wrong dates

Hi,

Incorrect time settings may be the possible reason why your Photo app shows wrong dates. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried checking the system time whether it's set correctly?

Any response will be highly appreciated.

Rose Cal, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates.

1. Windows 10 Photos app displaying wrong dates. - Similar Threads - Photos app displaying

2. Photo App does not display the correct date taken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo App does not display the correct date taken.: I went through a folder of pictures and changed the properties on each photo to have the correct taken by date. I even changed the dated created on a few, but the photo app completely ignores these changes. I also tried changing the photo taken date via the photo app. but,...
  3. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  4. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...
  5. windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property: Hi, i recently used google takeout to download my google photos. I saved them in pictures and they succesfully showed up in the photos app. But they are not sorted. In order to be sorted i want it to use the "media created" date from "Details" when you click properties. They...
  6. windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property

windows photos app - it sorts from the wrong date property: Hi, i recently used google takeout to download my google photos. I saved them in pictures and they succesfully showed up in the photos app. But they are not sorted. In order to be sorted i want it to use the "media created" date from "Details" when you click properties. They...
  7. Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing dates on photos with wrong dates in Windows 10: I cannot get Windows 10 to let me change the dates on photos that are wrong. I cannot get Photo Gallery or Windows Essentials 2012. I cannot see where I can open a dialoque box that allows me to open up a box for date taken and not date created....
  8. Wrong dates on downloaded photos Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wrong dates on downloaded photos Windows 10: Hi, I have various shared albums online Google Photos that I would like to download to my Windows 10 Surface Pro. These web albums are all displaying the correct dates. The photos are a mix of photos taken by me on my iphone, photos uploaded to the shared album by other...
  9. Photos not displayed by Taken Date

Photos not displayed by Taken Date: I've scanned photos into my laptop and used File Explorer to correct the Taken Date. I file them by Year and some Years have Folders for Month. Some of them have been changed and refiled. The Photo app doesn't display them by Taken Date. File Explorer has a Folder for My...
  10. wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date

wrong "date created" in photos app and won't let me change the date: I can't change the "date created" on several photos and videos. After import from my iphone to Onedrive, they show "date created" the date on which I imported them from the iphone e.g. 1/25/2019 "date modified" the actual date created e.g. 6/14/2018 When I use the left...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if photo date is wrong in windows 10photo app

2. wrong dates in windows 10 photo app