Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; See snippet below. Everywhere I read online I see that I should have an edit option at the top right of the window that reads "trim" but I do not see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SCAT6, Jul 2, 2019.

1. SCAT6 Win User

Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option

See snippet below. Everywhere I read online I see that I should have an edit option at the top right of the window that reads "trim" but I do not see that option. I am trying to trim a video quickly at work, can't download another program. Why can't I trim videos?Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option [​IMG]

:)

SCAT6, Jul 2, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 2, 2019
  3. tobicalvi Win User
    Able to trim but unable to save the edits in Photo App

Original Title: Photo App

I am trying to trim a video in the Photo App Windows 10. Able to trim but unable to save the edits. Would appreciate any and all guidance.

tobicalvi, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Editing (trimming) a video in Windows 10's 'Photos' App automatically saves copy with wrong date.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft community forum.

I appreciate your interest in Photos app. We did try to reproduce the issue on our test systems and trimmed video was saved with the date and time on which it was edition. So the issue could be with photos app as you mentioned that you system time
    is correct. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store. You can also try to re-install the app
    using PowerShell. Here are steps to re-install photos app:

1. Open PowerShell (Admin). Right click on the start button and then on PowerShell (Admin).
    2. Then type: get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    3. Once the above command is successful. You can either install the app from the store or type the following command in PowerShell:
      Reinstalling apps: Get-AppXPackage -allusers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos App Doesn't Give Me "Trim" Option - Similar Threads - Photos App Doesn't

2. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  3. photos app trim not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app trim not working: No matter what type or size of video, the default photos app trimming is not working, any way to fix it?I have seen some online solutions, even from forum answers, none of them seem to be workingsystem-legion pro 7i gen 8 16IRX8Hwindows 11 home single languagertx 4080 laptop...
  4. Windows 10 photo/video app wont let me trim and video

Windows 10 photo/video app wont let me trim and video: im trying to trim videos in the windows 10 photo app and when i trim it and click save copy it says "it looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file try saving a copy instead" and when i try that it says the same thing does anyone have a fix for this its...
  5. Windows 10 photo/video app wont let me trim and video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 photo/video app wont let me trim and video: im trying to trim videos in the windows 10 photo app and when i trim it and click save copy it says "it looks like you dont have permission to save changes to this file try saving a copy instead" and when i try that it says the same thing does anyone have a fix for this its...
  6. missing trim option in photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    missing trim option in photos app: The trim option is missing in the microsoft photos app. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1415Microsoft Photos app Version 2021.21090.10008.0Here are the options that I have:And here are the options I believe I should have:As you can see, the trim option is missing from...
  7. missing trim option in photos app

missing trim option in photos app: The trim option is missing in the microsoft photos app. Windows 10 Version 21H1 OS Build 19043.1415Microsoft Photos app Version 2021.21090.10008.0Here are the options that I have:And here are the options I believe I should have:As you can see, the trim option is missing from...
  8. Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App

Trim option not working Photos/Movies & TV App: I've been using those for month to trim some vids quickly and worked perfectly, but on the last few days whenever I try, about two seconds after the trim screen opens up it freezes Not Working and then it closes itself or I have to use the taskbar to close.I tried going in...
  9. Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.

Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to sync as it arrives.: On Windows 10 mail doesn't give me an option to download mail when it arrives on my iCloud account, the minimum it lets me do is 15 minutes. But on my Gmail account, it gives me the option. I had reinstalled the app, removed my Gmail account, but no luck. The farthest iv...
  10. Precisely trim in photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Precisely trim in photos app: I am trying to edit a video in the photos app. I would like to know if there is a way to precisely trim it down to a specific frame. It always just reverts to the nearest start of a second in the video. If not does anyone know where I can go to do this? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo doesnt show trim

2. trim option unavailable windows 10 photo

3. photos not giving option to trim

4. windows 10 photos trim option not available