Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are questions/complaints about this as early as 2015, when Windows 10 was released. Now I know this is not a big issue to most people, but it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrunnSP, May 7, 2020.

1. BrunnSP Win User

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures

There are questions/complaints about this as early as 2015, when Windows 10 was released. Now I know this is not a big issue to most people, but it's still something incredibly simple to fix and it puzzles me how nothing has been done in over 5 years.

The issue: Windows Photos app doesn't work properly when the pictures are hidden. You can't move to the next or previous picture as you would normally do, and instead must open one file at a time.

Most suggested workaround: Enabling the old Windows Photo Viewer via registry and using it as the default photo viewer app instead, which should work just like it did in Windows 7. Except it isn't at least for me, the issue persists in that app as well.

I'm on a fresh Windows 10 Pro installation by the way, the whole machine is just a few months old and the OS is up to date. Are there any other workarounds I could try, other than having to switch between hidden and unhidden every time?

:)

BrunnSP, May 7, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 7, 2020
  3. Windows 10: Photos App is not working while opening pictures.

Hi Lowana,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if photo app is corrupt or there is change in photo app settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Have you tried to checked the issue by opening pictures present in the external USB drive?
    • Have you made any changes in the photo app prior to the issue?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter and also check if you are able to access photos app through search bar.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Store apps troubleshooter from the below Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: I recommend you to check if you are able to access Photos app through search bar.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Photos" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Then check if you are able to open the app.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with opening pictures through photos app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, May 7, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures

1. Windows 10 Photos app doesn't work properly with hidden pictures - Similar Threads - Photos app doesn't

2. photos app not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    photos app not working properly: After an update was installed my photos app is all wrong. The edit and trim functions are gone and the screen size is stuck at 40% larger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-working-properly/506abe4c-00de-470d-a310-117412f16875
  3. photos app not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    photos app not working properly: After an update was installed my photos app is all wrong. The edit and trim functions are gone and the screen size is stuck at 40% larger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-app-not-working-properly/506abe4c-00de-470d-a310-117412f16875
  4. Windows 10 Professional Photo App Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Professional Photo App Not Working Properly: Hello Microsoft, you claimed you answered a thread at...
  5. Windows 10 Professional Photo App Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Professional Photo App Not Working Properly: Hello Microsoft, you claimed you answered a thread at...
  6. Windows 10 Professional Photo App Not Working Properly

7. why doesn't your stupid photos app even work properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why doesn't your stupid photos app even work properly: I want to trim a clip with a funny moment in it to send it to one of my friends on Discord.Clicking on the "trim" button causes not only the app but also the dropdown containing the "trim and create" option itself freezes until I kill it for the 40th time with Task Manager....
  8. Mail app doesn't work properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mail app doesn't work properly: When I go to outlook in the Mail app embedded into windows, first it doesn't load the emails, but I can't go to other either... After I click off, it doesn't work, and even when I go to outlook then back to my primary gmail, it still doesn't work properly! WHAT IS GOING ON...
  9. Hidden picture are visible in default photos app

Hidden picture are visible in default photos app: when I tried making some photos hidden using the " attrib +s +h 'path' ", they're still visible in the photos app. I don't understand why it is happening but this makes no sense of making the files hidden or making them invisible. e.g. Trying to hide the directory...
  10. Photo app doesn't work

Photo app doesn't work: Hi! I now have two problems with this app which hadn't been there before. 1. For Photos containing GPS data the location is shown but it is not possible to open the map. 2. Since yesterday It is no longer possible to automatically improve the photo. The corresponding...