Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leechap, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Leechap Win User

Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others

This is driving me crazy. I have PhotoShop which runs fine under win10 bty BUT I really like the little Photos app for quick editing however. It doesn't work all the time.

The app itself never fails to launch but with about half of the pictures that I try to edit give me the error that says "Can't edit" YOU CAN SEE A SCREEN CAP OF THIS EXACT ERROR.

Now, I have checked permissions of the files and even with photos with identical sets some will edit with no issues and the others get that same exact error message!

I have done everything I can think of including uninstalling the Photos app and then reinstalling it from the store. DID not change anything.

Yes, all of the jpg default programs are set to the Photos app (triple checked all those).

I have done it all so I am counting on someone here having encountered the same issue and found a fix!*Smile

Please tell you what it was -
    Thank you

:)

Leechap, Aug 11, 2015

2. Window 10 Photos App - Editing of photos

I recently deleted the Photos app in window 10. I deleted the Photos app due to the fact that my children were easily able to view adult photos in the "Collection" window. l

I can now only open a jpeg file with the Paint, Windows Photo Viewer or Microsoft Office 2010 apps. This is unfortunate since whenever I edit a photo I prefer the more user friendly Photos app. Editing photos in the Photos app is so much easier and flexible
    to use then editing photos under the Paint, Windows Photo Viewer of other apps.

My questions:

Although I have deleted the Photos app in Windows 10 is there a way to retain (or even download) the editing functions that are provided with the Photos app?

Your Neighbor, Aug 11, 2015
  3. LEDJPS Win User
    instagram

Ooh, sad acts is a bit harsh. I use instagram alot on my Android and find it a little dissapointing that it is not on windows. There are some other apps in the windows market that do a better job at adding such effects to photos than instagram.

From what I remember, Nokia do an app for windows phone that can edit photos which is free and there are numerous photo editing app for windows phone that can be found. Instagram is not the best photo editing app out there, but it has good sharing intergration
    with fb, twitter, etc.

LEDJPS, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Leechap Win User

No one having this issue?

Can someone at least tell me if they have experienced the same error message?

I really would like to get this solved.

Thanks

Leechap, Aug 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos app - Edits some photos but not others - Similar Threads - Photos app Edits

2. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  3. Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using a 3rd party app to edit a photo in Photos app: I use to be able to click on the 3 dots and open a jpeg in photos and use photoshop elements to edit the photo. I no longer have the option to edit in a 3rd party app with photos. Please help. Peg...
  4. Editing Photos in Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Editing Photos in Windows 10: I can't edit photos in my Picture folders, I receive an error notice from Windows Defender whenever I want to edit photos, that there is potential Malware changing my files....
  5. Photos App video editing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos App video editing: Spent an hour about a month ago trimming editing and adding BGM to a video, spent about an hour working on it, and when I rendered it seems like the app added this hue layer to everything, it made the sky purple or green in some cases, and made the water look pink. It was...
  6. Editing in Photo App

Editing in Photo App: I've added and edited Orientation, Taken Date many photos into the My Pictures Folder, where I've added subfolders for Date or Event. I've turned off One Drive because it was slowing down my already slow Intel i3 computer. Since the Photo App displays photos from One Drive,...
  7. Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App

Black Rectangles on Photos Edited with Windows 10 Photos App: I was editing photos today in my Photos App in Windows 10. I have hundreds of photos, so I always just click "Save" when I'm done editing, instead of "Save a Copy" because I don't want to have to go back later and delete the originals. After hitting "Save" for a couple of...
  8. photos app batch edit ?

photos app batch edit ?: Is there a way to programmatically or batch edit a project in photos app ? For example , I made a video with photos app and it is just images that last 10 seconds each with different text for each image . Is there an easy way to change the images and text using some...
  9. Windows 10 Photo Editing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Photo Editing: After editing a photo, the original is replaced by the edited version. Is there any way to recover the original photo if so desired? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-editing/bc9ec8bc-13e8-4011-88fa-088d4c2335bf
  10. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...