Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi"

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi" in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Looking for a way to import photos from my iPhone running the latest iOS to Windows 10 over WiFi without using an internet connection. From previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by IamOneOfTheDamons, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi"

Looking for a way to import photos from my iPhone running the latest iOS to Windows 10 over WiFi without using an internet connection. From previous articles an Import feature called "From Mobile over WiFi" is mentioned, but I can't find this.

I work in remote Australia, frequently without internet access and if I'm fortunate enough to have one it's an expensive, metered Satellite connection; so please no suggestions to use iCloud or any other "cloud" service. For the purposes of answering this question, I have no internet.

I just want to be able to import photos over my WiFi network, preferably without a third party application. It's 2019: this can't be difficult, surely?

Anyone's assistance within the above constraints will be most gratefully appreciated.

:)

IamOneOfTheDamons, Aug 12, 2019

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 12, 2019
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. HOWTO: Install Windows 10 for Phones on Non-supported devices (and other hacks)

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi" [​IMG]

Theres also this official Windows 10 Preview On Nokia Lumia 920 - Windows Central Forums
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. RLPGhost Win User

Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi"

TechPowerUp Mobile App Fixed

Plz Make app for Windows 10 mobile

RLPGhost, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi"

1. Windows 10 Photos App "From Mobile over WiFi" - Similar Threads - Photos App Mobile

2. Windows Photos not uploading photos from my mobile phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos not uploading photos from my mobile phone: HiWhen I connect my Samsung A20e phone to my PC since the 11th October my pictures will not download to my phone. Everything worked fine before this date.When I open Windows Photos and click on Import that window opens BUT the part to click download pictures is not showing...
  3. Windows Photos not uploading photos from my mobile phone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos not uploading photos from my mobile phone: HiWhen I connect my Samsung A20e phone to my PC since the 11th October my pictures will not download to my phone. Everything worked fine before this date.When I open Windows Photos and click on Import that window opens BUT the part to click download pictures is not showing...
  4. Downloading photos from my mobile phone to Windows 10

Downloading photos from my mobile phone to Windows 10: Hi Previously when downloading photos from my mobile phone Samsung a20 and using the windows 10 photo app, I would select the photos with a "tick" and those photos would be highlighted, I would click download and the would appear in "Pictures" in a new date marked folder...
  5. (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    (Windows 10 Home) Internet fails over Wifi but works over Mobile Hotspot that uses same Wifi: Just like the title says: When I connect over WIFI directly (PC to router, which is connected to modem), internet has issues (page doesn't load, will download for a bit then stop). The status "Connected, secured" w/ full signal icon. The strange thing is.. it works...
  6. Your phone app - stop syncing photos over mobile data

Your phone app - stop syncing photos over mobile data: I would like to continue to receive mobile notifications on my laptop but stop syncing the photos from gallery when on mobile data. Is there a way to do this? I could not find one....
  7. Windows 10 Photo App gone over the edge!

Windows 10 Photo App gone over the edge!: The Windows Photo App has always been just a little bit out there, for me, on not wanting to import videos from certain devices but now it has gone clean off the edge by not importing anything from any device! Tried today to import from my Coolpix B500 camera with multiple...
  8. Recover photos from the photo app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recover photos from the photo app on windows 10: Hello!! Ok have a laptop that is like 8 years old. I was trying to save selected photos and made an album i was working on moving to an sd card. Well this morning my comouter will not turn on it says an error code. Anyhow just wondering if there js a way to recover the photos...
  9. Photos Over WiFi From Your Galaxy S8 Phone To Windows 10

Photos Over WiFi From Your Galaxy S8 Phone To Windows 10: After the latest update 'Windows 10 Insider Preview 18356.1 (19h1_release)' my Photos App no longer shows the 'From Mobile over WiFi' option. What's up with that?...
  10. Importing photos from mobile phones.

Importing photos from mobile phones.: My PC recognises my Samsung GT-19100 but tells me that there are no photos to import. But there is! What's to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/importing-photos-from-mobile-phones/bbc0dde2-6332-452d-be9b-99951ce6f051