Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have a problem with the latest version of the photos app where my photos and videos I upload from my iPhone to my windows 10 laptop it groups... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony1545, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

Hello I have a problem with the latest version of the photos app where my photos and videos I upload from my iPhone to my windows 10 laptop it groups the pictures and videos as today's date and time when I upload the pictures, not the date that I actually took the picture- for example I took a video on my iPhone on September 15th, 2018 at 10:08PM and it shows it correctly on my iPhone but on my Windows 10 photos app it is grouped as today's date at the top of the photos app and when I click on file information with the 3 dots, it shows today's date and time when I uploaded the video, but the crazy thing here is that I found out that in the file explorer it says the correct date and time for the same video but the photos app is incorrect and says today's date and time. It is very annoying and before this new photos app update it was so much better and I never had any problems like this before. By the way I also uninstalled the app and reinstalled it as well as repairing it. Please Microsoft fix this and release a new update for the photos app! This bug is seriously frustrating and confusing. There is also one more bug in the photos app that should be fixed and its quite an annoyance- When I click on file information on each picture in the photos app no information appears it is just blank and I have to restart the app in order for the file information to show.

Has anyone have this problem with the latest version of the photos app? Version 2018.18081.14710.0

:)

Anthony1545, Nov 5, 2018

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 Photo app

Hi Luka,

There is a possibility that there is an app or a driver conflicting with the photos app and causes this issue to arise. We suggest that you follow these troubleshooting steps to fix this.

• Uninstall the Photos app.
    • Perform Clean Boot - This troubleshooting step makes sure that there are no third party apps is causing software conflicts
      as it only loads minimum drivers and startup programs. Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal
      startup after fixing the issue.
    • Reinstall the Photos app.

Please let us know about the results.

Katrina Men, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

Hello good evening I have a huge problem on the latest October 2018 Windows 10 Update and the latest version of the Photos App. The problem is that when I upload my pictures from my iPhone to my laptop they all upload and say today's date and time however
    I took these photos about 3 weeks ago and my iPhone says the correct date and time when each picture and video was taken as well as the location. The last version of the Photos app, I did not have this problem, it was until I updated this app to the latest
    update it became a problem. Also another problem in the photos app is that when I press a picture or video and I press the three dots and then press file info, no info pops up and even if i restart the photos app, it does not work at all. Please Help! Its
    very frustrating and the old photos app was so much better but after updating, the new update for this app is terrible and extremely buggy may I add!

Anthony1545, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this!

1. Windows 10 Photos App has a huge problem! Please fix this! - Similar Threads - Photos App has

2. HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!: Hello everyone. There is an annoying issue with the Windows 11 Photos App even since Windows 10 where you can't upload any photos from your iPhone to your PC via USB, and it keeps saying I have to accept the alert on my phone when I already did plenty of times already! It...
  3. HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HUGE issue with the Windows 11 Photos App!: Hello everyone. There is an annoying issue with the Windows 11 Photos App even since Windows 10 where you can't upload any photos from your iPhone to your PC via USB, and it keeps saying I have to accept the alert on my phone when I already did plenty of times already! It...
  4. Windows 10 Calendar Huge Problem!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Calendar Huge Problem!: Hi I have used Windows 10 Calendar app for a few weeks now, without connecting to any Microsoft account. A few days ago after hitting "Sync" which is linked to a GMail account had removed all entries done to the calendar. These entries are nowhere to be found in the Gmail...
  5. Problem with Windows 10 photos app

Problem with Windows 10 photos app: Ive been using this app with no problems for several years but now when i try to download photos from my camera card i get an import items screen with no photos showing...when i click on link "why dont i see all my files?" I get message " photos can only import files that are...
  6. Windows 10 Photo app problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Photo app problems: The Photo app does not always show the camera's metadata date & time taken, shutter/aperture/ISO settings when viewing File Info. This is inconsistent and I can't figure out why. Sometimes it shows up, other times the date/time are incorrect especially AM & PM, or the camera...
  7. Windows 10 Pro has no Photos app

Windows 10 Pro has no Photos app: Hi, My Laptop has Windows 10 but has no Photo app installed for some bizarre reason. If I go onto the Microsoft Store and try and install in from there, it wont let me do it and say's not signed into device even though I am signed in from PC. Any Suggestions will be...
  8. Problems with Photos App Windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Photos App Windows 10: The application is not working as it should, does not apply the modifications to the photos, also freezes more often than I would accept, help me solve this, please...
  9. Fixes for common iPhone problems with the Windows 10 Photos App!

Fixes for common iPhone problems with the Windows 10 Photos App!: If you get the dreaded "Something went wrong" during import from an iPhone it is likely caused by a setting in the iPhone. I spent many hours trying every suggestion that I could find on the internet to fix it. The problem was fixed for me by changing a setting on the...
  10. the photo app with huge ram and cpu usage

the photo app with huge ram and cpu usage: If I don't close the photo app for a while it may occur dramatically large ram usage (can goes to 3~4GB) and also the CPU usage is large which make computer frozen for seconds. After kill the photo app process everything back to normal. I tried to open the file location in...