Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App is blowing out my black and white images

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App is blowing out my black and white images in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I view a black and white drawing on Photos, the image very briefly shows in full clarity, but then switches over to a more blown out image where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MarkDemel, Feb 19, 2019.

1. MarkDemel Win User

Windows 10 Photos App is blowing out my black and white images

When I view a black and white drawing on Photos, the image very briefly shows in full clarity, but then switches over to a more blown out image where detail is missing. The image I'm trying to view is a .png image with no background. If I open the image in another program all is fine. Anyone know what's going on?

:)

MarkDemel, Feb 19, 2019

2. Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

Photos is a great app for viewing photos. comparing to the old
    Windows Photo Viewer it can view animated GIFs and ... but thanks to the background color I can't see anything if I open a white (or black) transparent PNGs while Photo Viewer was a better choice
    at the case. Is there any possible way to change the apps background to a specific color. Thanks

meysammohammadi, Feb 19, 2019
  3. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Space images thread

Windows 10 Photos App is blowing out my black and white images [​IMG]

• Evidence that some early supermassive black holes formed directly from the collapse of a gas cloud has been found.
    • These results could represent a major step in the understanding of how the Universe's first giant black holes formed.
    • Two candidate black hole "seeds" have been identified, possibly at < 1 billion years after the Big Bang.
    • Astronomers combined data from Chandra, Hubble, and Spitzer to make this discovery.

Drone, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Photos App is blowing out my black and white images - Similar Threads - Photos App blowing

2. Windows 11 Auto-HDR seems to blow out bright whites?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Auto-HDR seems to blow out bright whites?: I've tried on various games, but it seems that whenever I use Auto-HDR the whites always get blown out and completely lose detail. I have tried various fixes, first I tried turning the HDR adjuster down, but the only time I get the detail back is when I set it to zero. I...
  3. Windows 11 Auto-HDR seems to blow out bright whites?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Auto-HDR seems to blow out bright whites?: I've tried on various games, but it seems that whenever I use Auto-HDR the whites always get blown out and completely lose detail. I have tried various fixes, first I tried turning the HDR adjuster down, but the only time I get the detail back is when I set it to zero. I...
  4. Photos app open jpg app goes white and then image covered in black

Photos app open jpg app goes white and then image covered in black: I have this problem on multiple machines the photos app when you opening jpg’s you get white app and the blue spinning circle and then the image covered in black. Strange thou if right click and do “Edit with Photos” it opens the jpg.Version Microsoft Photos...
  5. jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos

jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos: jpg images with white background turns black in Microsoft photos. it works on paint but i want the slide show to work not interested in using paint please help...
  6. Photos app shows up as an entirely white or black window.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos app shows up as an entirely white or black window.: The photos app occasionally doesn't work at all. It shows a completely black or completely white screen after we open a picture. We have temporarily solved this issue in the past using these instructions: Run powershell as admin Issue the command...
  7. Printing Black and White Photos

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Printing Black and White Photos: Using Epson XP-710 Black and White photos print with blue tinge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-black-and-white-photos/69ce7f80-392b-4643-9403-70a77b0d89da
  8. Using Camera App and photos are only in black and white

Using Camera App and photos are only in black and white: Using the camera app on windows 10 first time using it. It is only showing black and white and not in color. Same thing happens when using video conferencing apps like zoom or google meetings. Need to get it to show in color. any suggestions? Looks like the...
  9. Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images

Photos app background is ether black or white, that is not suitable for some transparent images: Photos is a great app for viewing photos. comparing to the old Windows Photo Viewer it can view animated GIFs and ... but thanks to the background color I can't see anything if I open a white (or black) transparent PNGs while Photo Viewer was a better choice at the case. Is...
  10. MS Photos select and white out a part of an image.

MS Photos select and white out a part of an image.: Hi. We do a lot of cropping with MS Photos but would really like the ability to "white out" a part of an image. I know we can do that in MS Paint and Paint 3D but does anyone know if that is possible in Photos? Thanks....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows photo viewer blowing out pictures in hdr

2. windows photo viewer png all white