Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]There are instances where Windows 10 Photos app fails to show up or goes […] This article Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working

WinClub, Feb 21, 2021
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Feb 21, 2021
  3. airion Win User
    Photo App Missing on Windows 10

I've seen several threads about installing a missing photo app. I've tried the suggestions listed on these threads to get the photo app back and nothing works. Any help to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

airion, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

Photos help

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working

1. Windows 10 Photos app is missing or not working - Similar Threads - Photos app missing

2. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  3. Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photos App - Missing Photos: Hi all,I am working to download all of the photos in the Microsoft Photos App to an external hard drive. Last night I had pictures on the app dating back to 1999. Now the photos only date back to 2012. I am praying I havent lost 13 years of photos.I checked my recycle bin to...
  4. Windows 10 photos app - missing options

Windows 10 photos app - missing options: Hello, Been using the photos app for editing videos, noticed the split button is missing and also the edit clip speed... how can I restore these editing options? Thank you, Yaron...
  5. Windows 10 Photos app not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Photos app not working: Can anyone help me in solving issue of Photos App of Windows 10. Windows 10 Photos app is not working at my end. Need permanent solution, Thanks in advance....
  6. Photo app is not working in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photo app is not working in windows 10: I am not able to transfer photos in photo app help me to fix this issue I want my photos in my device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-app-is-not-working-in-windows-10/40fd6389-4571-4204-912e-5d762a8111ed
  7. Windows 10 Photo App not working

Windows 10 Photo App not working: When I try to open the Photos app in Windows 10 1909, it closes immediately and the following event gets logged in the System log not the Applications log. The DCOM server could not be started. Error code 2147942405 = ‭0x80070005‬, which I understand is a permissions...
  8. Photos app in windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Photos app in windows 10 not working: The photo app has stopped working. I've tried "repair" from the settings menu but it didn't help. I'm afraid to try the "reset" because this message appears: "This will permanently delete the app's data on this device, including your preference and sign-in data." Sounds like...
  9. Windows 10 photo app not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 photo app not working: hi, I can't open my photos in Windows 10 photo App. done below step to fix it. reset app. repair app. run SFC command. remove Photo app using PowerShell install the app from the store run troubleshooter for app store. none of them resolves my issue Does anyone have...
  10. Photo app not working on Windows 10

Photo app not working on Windows 10: Recently I have not been able to open any photo using the Photo App. The black screen opens, then a sound and a warning "file system error (-2147219196). I have tried the troubleshooter, the repair and the reset. Still the same... Help! Thanks! Sylvie...