Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti. I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zach.P, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Zach.P Win User

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Hey all, I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro v. 1909, GTX 1070ti.

I noticed that my PNG files are appearing with jagged edges within the Microsoft Photos App. I have opened the same file with the deprecated Windows Photo Viewer program and it looks much better. Please see the attached comparison snip.

I have tried resetting the Photos App which didn't change anything. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG 7e569115-0a59-4420-a9de-65ef0ad0110c?upload=true.png

:)

Zach.P, Mar 23, 2020

2. WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 photo app

Hi Ralph & Barbara,

We suggest that you reset Windows Photo app. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type %appdata%\..\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Photo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState
    • Delete all the contents of the folder.
    Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Mar 23, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

Windows 10 Photos App

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will assist you in solving the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:
    Follow the below steps to update apps from store.

• Open Windows store.
    • Click on the sign in icon next to the search option.
    • Select the option download & update.
    • Click on the check for the updates.

Method 2:
    I would recommend you to uninstall the Photo app using Windows PowerShell command and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.
      • get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Photo app from the Windows store.

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Photos app for Windows help.

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG

1. Windows 10 Photos App Jagged Edges on PNG - Similar Threads - Photos App Jagged

2. Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Images look very jagged/pixelated in Windows 10 Photos app at even moderate zoom levels: Let me use this picture of a glass of water at 100% zoom as an example:If I increase the zoom level even just to 110%, the lack of anti-aliasing? becomes apparent, most easily seen in the jaggedness of the rim of the glass: It's not just this one picture - as near as I can...
  3. Windows 10 - JPG and PNG opening in Paint despite setting default app to Photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - JPG and PNG opening in Paint despite setting default app to Photos: Every time I open a JPG or PNG files, it keeps opening with Paint, even though I've set the default app to Photos by using settings and right click -> open with... -> always use this program.Windows does this after I restart the system, sometimes even at random without...
  4. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  5. Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif

Win 10 App "Photos" bug: cannot convert .png to .gif: I clearly remember that, I used to use the "Photos" App to convert .png to .gif by "Save as". However, in the latest version of it, I cannot do so. Is this just a bug, or is it designed to be so on purpose?...
  6. Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts appear jagged in Chrome, Edge and Brave: I'm not sure exactly what I did, but now some text in my browser appears jagged. Most sites work fine. But some are broken. Here's what it looks like;https://imgur.com/a/Gdn6f53There's also a problem where when a site hasn't yet finished loading, text appears instead of...
  7. Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 second monitor Text jagged edges (Help Needed): Hey Guys, I am using a HP Stream 13 Notebook as the desktop rig aint working at the moment. Notebook is running Windows 10 ver 2004 and is hooked to upto external Dell FHD monitor. The problem is that the text displayed is not in Clear Text instead it looks like the old...
  8. Windows 10 Photo App gone over the edge!

Windows 10 Photo App gone over the edge!: The Windows Photo App has always been just a little bit out there, for me, on not wanting to import videos from certain devices but now it has gone clean off the edge by not importing anything from any device! Tried today to import from my Coolpix B500 camera with multiple...
  9. Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Jagged Edges/Images and Poorly Running Programs: Roughly two days ago I updated (or believed to have) Windows 10 on my PC, or at least the night before. The other night, the fuse went out in my room and shut off my computer that's plugged into a surge protector I have. Both the protector's lights are still on indicating...
  10. Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Shimmering/Jagged edges/flicker in game.: I bought gaming pc before 1 month after 2-3 weeks i see shimmering in gta 5 euro truck simulator 2 fortnite insurgency project cars 2 MY PC I3 8100 PALIT GTX 1050 TI MSI H310M PRO-M2 8GB DDR4 ADATA 240GB SSD ADATA 550W POWER SUPLY Things that i try. Using 2 secound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 jpg jagged