Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcurrie90, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tcurrie90 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all. For some reason, 1280x720 videos I have recorded on my phone will play with no issues. All videos are MP4s.

I am currently using VLC media player to view videos, but I need to use the Photos app to edit videos now that Movie Maker is gone.

I have not seen any information that states "higher res" videos will not work with Photos. The only troubleshooting I can find is the generic updates/reset/registry stuff, which I don't think is appropriate (though I did already do the updates and resets with no success).

Help?

I'm using a Dell 7530 with a NVIDIA Quadro P3200.

-Tim

:)

tcurrie90, Jun 4, 2019

2. Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Photos app not playing videos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however the problem still remains after looking at all the steps and running the troubleshooter. For some reason the photos app just doesn't seem to be able to play video now.

Thanks

JamesIsaac, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Windows 10 Photo app

Let me be clear.

• I am NOT taking a snapshot out of, or from a video. I am simply trying to export a video that the Windows 10 Photo App has made automatically for me.
    • The photo app creates these albums for you to review, even if you don't create one manually yourself. (but you knew that since you work for MSN)
    • So, The feature I am using is an existing part of the Photo app.
    • As I noted, when you select the Album tab, and pick an Album, there is a picture banner/preview at the top of the page ( the photos appear below that on the page.)
    • There are two buttons to the right, "Watch", and "Edit"
    • I select "Watch". The video plays in the Photo app window. It looks just fine. No issues, distortion or noise corruption,,,,
    • On the right side of the watching screen, there is "Export and Share" button. I select this button.
    • It gives options for video size/resolution. I pick one of the sizes, such as medium/"M" (Note: all of S, M, L have the same problem)
    • The phot app generates a video (MP4) on the local disk, and tells you where it is, an allows you to play it as well
    • ALL of the GENERATED MP4s exhibit the same problem I described and showed you in the attached picture
    • I have played them on different devices/apps - the generate video has the corruption in it - all players show that.

Jared

JaredPriceAST, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

1. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos? - Similar Threads - Photos app playing

2. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video: Product details :Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ITL6Intel core i5 11th gen 2.4GHzI formatted the system and facing the lagging of the windows 10 OS. It runs very slow especially after playing a video on Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc. Can this be an issue of inadequate drivers? I checked the...
  3. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video: Product details :Lenovo Ideapad 3 15ITL6Intel core i5 11th gen 2.4GHzI formatted the system and facing the lagging of the windows 10 OS. It runs very slow especially after playing a video on Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc. Can this be an issue of inadequate drivers? I checked the...
  4. Lagging Windows 10 especially after playing high resolution video

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Photos App Trimming Videos And Then Playing Sped Up

Photos App Trimming Videos And Then Playing Sped Up: Hello, I just began recording videos straight through my camera app as an easier way to get them onto my computer than through my phone. Was hoping to be able to trim and save easily through Photos app. While the trimming was easy enough took a while to save, once I open...
  6. I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play games in high resolution in windows 10: I play games in my computer but I can't play the with the full resolution in the monitor.I played Asterix and Obelix XXL,NFS underground 1 & 2 but when I go to options the maximum resolution is 1024x768. Monitor resolution is 1366x768. How do I solve this problem...
  7. Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor

Windows 10 Photos App, No video editor: I recently purchased a laptop with the latest version of Windows 10, it is version 2004. The latest update must have removed the hidden video editor from the Photos app. Has anyone else experienced this? It now only allows you to trim, draw, slow it down. I literally went to...
  8. Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution

Win 10 Photo app does not show photos in high resolution: Hi Since some weeks i have this problem that my photos in my Win 10 Photo app won't show in normal resolution. Also normaly if you zoom into a picture you can swipe with the left mouse button on the picture. This also does not work anymore. Its with every file type...
  9. Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor

Windows 10 Photo App Video Editor: We are using the photo app to edit video clips. The voices sound like chipmunks, help!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-photo-app-video-editor/6e556721-efdc-4689-a559-528c99229dca
  10. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....