Windows 10: Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Discus and support Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by tcurrie90, Jun 4, 2019.

1. tcurrie90 Win User

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all. For some reason, 1280x720 videos I have recorded on my phone will play with no issues. All videos are MP4s.

I am currently using VLC media player to view videos, but I need to use the Photos app to edit videos now that Movie Maker is gone.

I have not seen any information that states "higher res" videos will not work with Photos. The only troubleshooting I can find is the generic updates/reset/registry stuff, which I don't think is appropriate (though I did already do the updates and resets with no success).

Help?

I'm using a Dell 7530 with a NVIDIA Quadro P3200.

-Tim

:)

tcurrie90, Jun 4, 2019

2. Black background on images & lower resolution in photo's app

Hello John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

As the issue only occurs with Photo app, this might be the app issue. Let's try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: I would suggest you to run the Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Change the screen resolution and check if it helps:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the
      Recommended
      or any other resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

Try the above suggestion and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Photos app not playing videos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however the problem still remains after looking at all the steps and running the troubleshooter. For some reason the photos app just doesn't seem to be able to play video now.

Thanks

JamesIsaac, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

Windows 10 Photo app

Let me be clear.

• I am NOT taking a snapshot out of, or from a video. I am simply trying to export a video that the Windows 10 Photo App has made automatically for me.
    • The photo app creates these albums for you to review, even if you don't create one manually yourself. (but you knew that since you work for MSN)
    • So, The feature I am using is an existing part of the Photo app.
    • As I noted, when you select the Album tab, and pick an Album, there is a picture banner/preview at the top of the page ( the photos appear below that on the page.)
    • There are two buttons to the right, "Watch", and "Edit"
    • I select "Watch". The video plays in the Photo app window. It looks just fine. No issues, distortion or noise corruption,,,,
    • On the right side of the watching screen, there is "Export and Share" button. I select this button.
    • It gives options for video size/resolution. I pick one of the sizes, such as medium/"M" (Note: all of S, M, L have the same problem)
    • The phot app generates a video (MP4) on the local disk, and tells you where it is, an allows you to play it as well
    • ALL of the GENERATED MP4s exhibit the same problem I described and showed you in the attached picture
    • I have played them on different devices/apps - the generate video has the corruption in it - all players show that.

Jared

JaredPriceAST, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos?

1. Windows 10 Photos app not playing high resolution videos? - Similar Threads - Photos app playing

2. Windows Video Projects in the Photos app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Video Projects in the Photos app: How can I export the video, every time i try the 'finish video' it loads for a bit, the percent goes up- but then stops around 70 and I get this: Unsupported video type or invalid file path, so 1- what video type does it need to be, and how can i change or check that? 2-...
  3. Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.

Unable to play High resolution videos in Photos app.: I've noticed a weird trait with the Photos App in Windows 10 - whenever I try to play videos recorded from my phone (Samsung GS9) that have 1920x1080 or higher resolution, the video won't play. Sometimes the sound will work (kind of), but the video never displays at all....
  4. Resolution of photo

Resolution of photo: How do I increase the Resolution of a photo to at least 900? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resolution-of-photo/fc385284-fc37-4afa-a2c7-867c11eb699c
  5. Video projects in photo app

Video projects in photo app: how do you finish and finalize the video project in photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-projects-in-photo-app/5095e798-b5b3-41df-9008-64c7144742c0
  6. Photos App Video Editing

Photos App Video Editing: I have a problem when i add a 3d effect to a video I cant move it or resize it after adding it. I tried to fix the problem and to reset the app from the WINDOWS TROUBLESHOTER, but nothing have changed. when i click the effect to drag it , it's acting like I'm pressing on...
  7. Edited video in photo and it wont play

Edited video in photo and it wont play: I have trying to play a video that I trimmed in photo and it wont play. It is a mp4. Plays fine before trimming but says damaged after trimming. Please advise. Thanks....
  8. Windows Photo wont play created videos

Windows Photo wont play created videos: I used to love the windows photos app with the video editor. I real genuine rival to Apple's iMovie. Until I started get bugs. First, all my video projects disappeared. Then, I can not create video projects. I can make them but when I press play, it plays 1 secs then...
  9. Exporting video from Windows 10 photo app

Exporting video from Windows 10 photo app: Up until recently I had no problems exporting videos from the photo app. I tried today to export(share) a video to YouTube, 1st it asked me to sign into Google, then it wanted me to give Uploader access to my YouTube account. To start with I clicked OK then it showed a code...
  10. Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video

Microsoft Photos doesn't play Video: Videos created out of Microsoft photos app in Windows 10 doesn't play after finish. It just pops up a black window for a fraction of second when I click on play option and vanish. The app also get close automatically after that. Please help...